3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Seige Engineering train horns, buyers beware

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 10:49 PM
zman9119
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Seige Engineering train horns, buyers beware

Any one have any good pictures of their horns mounted and where??? I just got the MK2 Kong today and I am planning on installing over the long weekend. These horns are freaking HUGE!!!

.mz

Old 08-31-2007, 12:53 AM
abarmby
Champion

zman9119

I put my horns across and behind the front bumper. Underneath the metal beam running across the front of the truck supporting the radiator.
There is enough room there and they are nicely out of the way not sucking water into the trumpets and are facing forward.
I put my tank and compressor in the bed at the top, keeping them nice and dry and out of the elements.
I can easily removethem if I need the bed space.
Do a search on "my new mods" for pictures I have previously posted up on this site.
I think this will get you there though ???

https://dodgeforum.com/m_870764/tm.htm
Al.

Old 08-31-2007, 01:20 AM
Nofrag
Champion

ORIGINAL: L and R Two

ORIGINAL: squirtbottle09

Is there another brand other than the jericho that is made with higher quality stuff.
Bob, Seige's tech, said to pretty much stay away from combined units. He said to look for the compressor separate from the air tank. He mentioned that they carry another compressor made by viaair that is $249 and it is supposed to come with tank and the compressor but they are separate and it comes with a 1 year warranty. I am going to be looking around now for more options though.
Def. go with the Viair, they're more for bag setups, but overkill don't hurt. Viair makes good high quality compressors and are worth the money for sure.

Old 08-31-2007, 10:57 AM
zman9119

How is the sound with those mounted pointing sidewalks versus front facing horns?

Old 08-31-2007, 04:19 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: zman9119

How is the sound with those mounted pointing sidewalks versus front facing horns?
To ge the best sound, have them mounted facing down into the road. The sound blares off the concrete and makes it much more noticeable.
When you say sideways, where are the horns going to be? If they are under the hood, it will still be loud because it will resonate off the boddy panels and frame. If it is sideways on the roof, then it will be really loud only to that side.

Old 08-31-2007, 04:56 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Alright, is it that I am now 40 and no longer hip, what's the big thing with the train horns?

Old 08-31-2007, 07:37 PM
zman9119

I was talking about the horns being sideways in the engine compartment versus pointing straight foward.

Old 09-01-2007, 03:43 AM
abarmby
Champion

As I say, I've mounted them sideways across and behind the front bumper.
It's plenty loud and EVERYBODY wakes up and jumps, when you push the button!
I use it only to wake people up on the road whenthey areeither cutting me up with some poor driving or reversing into me before they check there mirrors as has happend in the past.
How people miss such a huge truck on the road is beyond me ?????[sm=chairshot.gif]

Old 09-01-2007, 09:36 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: HammerZ71

Alright, is it that I am now 40 and no longer hip, what's the big thing with the train horns?
I think it is more of location. If I were to live in a smaller town, or out in the country, I don't think that I would have a set. But living down here in South Fla, my horn is used daily. It is mostly my stock horn that is blown, but I have the train horn there if I need it.

Old 09-25-2014, 10:30 AM
bountyhunter2

I too purchased a Jericho system. Mine was the Jericho 5 and I had the same problems you had and no satisfaction from Bob. I bought a Viair system #2003 120 psi and the only problem I have had with it was the pressure cut-off switch. It has been really great.I have 4 horn set up and this compressor does great. Wished I had seen it before I bought the other one.

Quick Reply: Seige Engineering train horns, buyers beware