3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wind Noise - Door Seals?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 08:32 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JCW355
My truck make the air noise around the doors too. I put a dollar between the seal and it just slides out with no resistance at the top of the door. Other places there is resistance.
A proper seal sshould crinkle the dollar. if it slides out then you've got a problem, not only with wind, but rain and moisture!

If the door won't bend or you don't wanna bend it, go to HomeDepot and buy the really good 3/4"wide door seal tape. it's really durable. Put that on your door and it will solve your problem. It won't come off as easy as you think either. It's a quick cheap fix.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:18 AM
m5biemer
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have the noise on driver's side door. I adjusted the door striker plate a bit the other day, doesn't help, so I'll be bringing back to the stealership for a fix (hopefully) very soon. In the meantime, I'll try some addl weatherstrip.

Old 01-30-2009, 02:04 PM
nash211

I had simular noise in both front doors, i noticed the doors were not set in far enough. I adjusted the latch catch and made all the doors flush. I did adjust the back doors as well. Noise is gone unless you are going 140 k plus.

nash211

Old 01-30-2009, 04:11 PM
osufans
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like a plan, i'll take a look at mine. from what i remember, my doors don't "look" like they aren't shut tight, but maybe adjusting will make them a little more snug.

Old 01-30-2009, 04:12 PM
Cole's dad

I noticed that my passenger door was making a noise on the highway, but i thought it was just becuase it was blowing and snowing real hard. I just checked mine today and noticed that the top back corner of the door seal is torn, so i guess that is what is doing it. I just called the dealer and for a new seal it is $59.65. I didn't order it yet becuase i am going try get the garage i just bought the truck to pay for it. Otherwise the other doors don't seem to be making any wind noise.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:30 PM
Crawdaddy203

I am having the same wind noise it gets worse if I change the AC from recir. to fresh air, I would like to try the 3/4 tape trick (no bending for me) But have a question. Where exactly are you placing the tape? on the door or on the cab? and is it going over the existing seal or next to it? Thanks

Old 02-15-2009, 01:31 PM
schwhack

bending in the doors is a fairly common practice a factories,according to my father in-law,who is retired from G.M.,he was a door fit man at the S-10 plant and a few years back,i had an S-10 that was leaking around the seal,i told him about it and he rolled the window down and started snatching the hell outta my door,i freaked out,but,he said the do it all the time.

I have noticed that if mine starts making noise on my 05,i swap the air to recirulate and it stop's.i guess ,i need to go see my paw in-law.

Old 02-15-2009, 02:00 PM
traker1001
Captain

I thank you guys, I had noise on my driver side. I fixed it by bending the door down a hair, I had to put a lot of weight into it, But it seems to have fixed the issues. Thanks guys.

BTW, Mod's, This thread should be put into the FAQ...

Old 12-26-2010, 02:12 PM
moparmutt
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why don't you just post it?

Old 12-26-2010, 02:50 PM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Because apparently this person joined the board just to bump all posts related to door seal problems. Each post is a copy and paste, urging people to contact them directly.

I say ban the spammer now unless they can prove they're here to contribute rather than harvest info from users.

Quick Reply: Wind Noise - Door Seals?