3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:09 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

06 2500 with headlight issues...TIPM?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 11:18 PM
liftedpowerwagon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes this is a common problem with dodge pickups between 2006 and 2008

Old 04-07-2012, 12:41 AM
scarbrs

I got this letter too and sent a note to Chrysler about the TIPM. This is crasy that there not doing anything about this common problem.

Old 04-07-2012, 03:59 PM
WILLIAMK

I have 2006 1 ton ram 4x4 the driver side low beam headlight quit changed bulb did not fix the problem. I ran a wire from passenger side low beam headlight, to the driver side low beam that fixed the problem.

Old 04-07-2012, 05:49 PM
scarbrs

Good Idea WilliamK. sounds like TIPM to me. The wire is a temp fix thou. I Put in HIDs but thats a bit of a pain on 06 aswell.

I got a Form letter back from Chrysler about this. I replied Thanks for not caring not in thous words thou.
Also filed a complaint with NHTSA see what there form letter looks like.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:58 AM
cumminspowered04
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scarbrs
Good Idea WilliamK. sounds like TIPM to me. The wire is a temp fix thou. I Put in HIDs but thats a bit of a pain on 06 aswell.

I got a Form letter back from Chrysler about this. I replied Thanks for not caring not in thous words thou.
Also filed a complaint with NHTSA see what there form letter looks like.
I also wrote the NHTSA and called Dodge, no recall. I was driving down the road and my headlights turned off a few seconds then came back on. But my drivier side is out. I had HIDs and didnt have the problem till i took off the HIDs to replace them with the stockers. I was gonna put em back on but dont have free time yet. Did you put on HIDs? Did it solve The problem for you?
WilliamK did you splice the wires or did u just tap in?

Old 04-09-2012, 12:11 PM
WILLIAMK

Originally Posted by cumminspowered04
I also wrote the NHTSA and called Dodge, no recall. I was driving down the road and my headlights turned off a few seconds then came back on. But my drivier side is out. I had HIDs and didnt have the problem till i took off the HIDs to replace them with the stockers. I was gonna put em back on but dont have free time yet. Did you put on HIDs? Did it solve The problem for you?
Just taped in that was 6 moths ago no problem.

Old 04-10-2012, 01:26 AM
scarbrs

Originally Posted by cumminspowered04
Had the Same thing as you happen. I took off HID cause of a random flicker. Stocks didnt work, dealer tells me TIPM is Bad and wants 1000 for a headlight out. So did some reading here and found i should of had resistors in the HID system. So got some off ebay and put HIDs back on. So far so good.

Old 04-10-2012, 05:08 PM
cumminspowered04
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scarbrs
Had the Same thing as you happen. I took off HID cause of a random flicker. Stocks didnt work, dealer tells me TIPM is Bad and wants 1000 for a headlight out. So did some reading here and found i should of had resistors in the HID system. So got some off ebay and put HIDs back on. So far so good.
Oh ok I thought about that but didnt want to run the risk of losing my other headlight.
When i had my HIDs on i had no problems. Everything worked fine. Im just gonna re-install the HIDs and if they work leave em on. Hopefully there will be a recall as this is a major safety issue.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:35 PM
sweeks
Default please help us get a recall

I never posted an update but after filing a complaint, I went to a different Dodge dealership where they were very friendly. At first I was told they thought my headlight problem was just a loose connector however once fixed, the headlight still didn't work so they thought it was electrical and not my tipm because it was only one light not working. After hours of checking the wiring, they reset the computer and the tipm and it's worked ever since. Please, please report your complaints to be placed on the recall list and hopefully after several complaints with the same issue, we might get a recall notice. I get auto updates sent to my E-mail after filing my complaint months ago and each time I keep thinking I'll see the tipm listed. I have a feeling that if we don't hurry and get a recall, we will all be ineligible due to the mileage. I don't know about each of you but I put serious miles on my truck and I am hoping the room is recalled before my mileage gets too high!

Old 04-15-2012, 04:08 PM
MIKE19788

Just found out today I am having the same problem as everone else. No drivers low beam. Replaced bulb and only high beam is working.

Quick Reply: 06 2500 with headlight issues...TIPM?