3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:05 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

Got *HID* Problems? Check in here...

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 07:48 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 042500moltenred
Hey guys I need advice fats on my 04 ram to get it inspected. I have replaced the 9007 sockets two times now and on the passenger side, I will wiggle the wire directly behind the socket and it will cause the low beam to go off and on.

I doubt installing another socket would change anything. What is up and how can I fix it. Thanks.
Cut the socket off completely, strip back the wires and either use butt splices and crimp to the wires or use a soldering iron.

No more problems

Old 06-09-2014, 08:27 PM
042500moltenred
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did use butt connectors. My issue is when I wiggle the wires right where they come out of the 9007 connector this has happened a couple times now.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:04 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

I did use butt connectors. My issue is when I wiggle the wires right where they come out of the 9007 connector this has happened a couple times now.
I understand what you are saying but if you cut the connectors off completely and splice the wires together directly, then there can be no more issues

Old 06-11-2014, 08:21 AM
042500moltenred

Okay but without the connector how do I wire it to the 9007 bulb?

Old 06-11-2014, 09:19 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

You said you were having problems at the 9007 connector. That is a blue D shaped 3 wire connector. It is what your HID harness should plug into.

If that is not the connector you are talking about, please post a picture

Old 07-08-2014, 09:25 PM
thunderhawk09
Rookie

Okay but without the connector how do I wire it to the 9007 bulb?
I know its over a month old post but go to a auto parts store and get a new male 9007 connector and butt splice that in that way you have a whole new plug

Old 07-11-2014, 02:37 PM
thunderhawk09
Rookie

HID Problem I think its the relay That came with my kit but not 100% sure
Problem 1
when going from high beam to low all lights goes out for 2-3 seconds before low beams come back on I think its the cheap POS relay that came with kit if I cant get them to replace it Im going to have to cut relay out and wire in a standard 5 pole relay

Problem 2
My lamp out light keeps resetting back I turn Ignition switch to on and the lamp out light is on again I turn lights on the light resets and goes off but the next time I turn Ignition switch back on its on again I have 6ohms 50 watt resistors on both high/low beams On both sides so I stumped with this one

NEVERMIND IT WAS NOT THE RELAY IT WAS THE DAM RESISTOR HARNESS I BOUGHT TO SAVE TIME THAT WAS A MISSTAKE THE RESISTORS WAS NOT WIRED IN THE HARNESS ON THE RIGHT WIRES

Old 07-26-2014, 03:39 PM
ffsag

Hi there, I'm Steeve. I read a lot on the internet (most of all post in here) and watched a lot of video to install HID on my truck and I founded this thread on this forum and I decided to sign up because it's full of trouble/solution and weedahoe seems great for helping people with theirs troubles. And I'm here now with my problem wich I think has never seen before. Here's some info:

Dodge Ram 2008 Cdn (with DRL)
DDM HID Xenon kit 35W 6000K (low beam)
DDM BOW3
DDM Relay Harness (later)

I made some try to install it right and learn what is happening.

1st attemp:

Install it with the bow3 in the OEM wiring. Keys off everything is working, keys on I had this intermittent firing. I read to solved this trouble and found that a relay harness is needed to correct this. Here's a video:

2nd attemp:

Install it with relay harness without bow3: Keys off everything is working, Keys ON massive trouble. When the truck is running and the HID is open it works but it create a transmission bug (saw this in a previous post) 4wd low is engaged and i heard the solenoid clicking.Here's a video of that trouble:

What i know: Bulb are ok, ballast are ok, relay harness seems to be ok(relay is working). I do not have resistor for the moment (they're on the way) I know i need them to fool the TIPM but will those resistor solve the transmission bug ??? That's my fear ...

Old 07-27-2014, 07:40 PM
RamRod37
Rookie

Originally Posted by ffsag
Hi there, I'm Steeve. I read a lot on the internet (most of all post in here) and watched a lot of video to install HID on my truck and I founded this thread on this forum and I decided to sign up because it's full of trouble/solution and weedahoe seems great for helping people with theirs troubles. And I'm here now with my problem wich I think has never seen before. Here's some info:

Dodge Ram 2008 Cdn (with DRL)
DDM HID Xenon kit 35W 6000K (low beam)
DDM BOW3
DDM Relay Harness (later)

I made some try to install it right and learn what is happening.

1st attemp:

Install it with the bow3 in the OEM wiring. Keys off everything is working, keys on I had this intermittent firing. I read to solved this trouble and found that a relay harness is needed to correct this. Here's a video:

20140726 141730 - YouTube

2nd attemp:

Install it with relay harness without bow3: Keys off everything is working, Keys ON massive trouble. When the truck is running and the HID is open it works but it create a transmission bug (saw this in a previous post) 4wd low is engaged and i heard the solenoid clicking.Here's a video of that trouble:

20140726 142632 - YouTube

What i know: Bulb are ok, ballast are ok, relay harness seems to be ok(relay is working). I do not have resistor for the moment (they're on the way) I know i need them to fool the TIPM but will those resistor solve the transmission bug ??? That's my fear ...
to solve your issue with headlights flashing you need 4 6ohms 50watt resistors tie one end of the black wire at your headlight bulb connector and the other end to the low bean then do same thing for high bean one end from the ground black wire on headlight connector harness and the other end to high beam this will fix the flashing lights you must do this for both driver side And p Side Light connectors

Old 07-27-2014, 08:15 PM
ffsag

Originally Posted by RamRod37
to solve your issue with headlights flashing you need 4 6ohms 50watt resistors tie one end of the black wire at your headlight bulb connector and the other end to the low bean then do same thing for high bean one end from the ground black wire on headlight connector harness and the other end to high beam this will fix the flashing lights you must do this for both driver side And p Side Light connectors

Thank you for answer me but like I said I read a lot. For xenon kit (low beam) wasn't supposed to be 2 load resistor (1 each side for the low beam) ??? I already know how to hook them up, thanks to be aware of that. Unfortunately I think my issue is a little bit different... With the relay harness, the HID is engaging the locking of the 4wd (strange thing). I'm waiting for the load resistor to try to solve this issue, I will tell here any further change as soon as get those in couple of days... I'm getting anxious to solve this trouble and finally enjoy the HID ...

Edit: I know this will solve the flickering issue but the flickering issue is without the use of the relay harness. I am concern about not using the relay harness with the oem wiring.

Quick Reply: Got *HID* Problems? Check in here...