3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Broken UConnect....backordered 6 months!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 08:08 PM
65sportfurious
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken UConnect....backordered 6 months!

For the first 20 months of my blissful marraige to my 08 Ram Big Horn Hemi, my UConnect/bluetooth worked amazing. It paired with my Blackberry and my wifes iPhony without hiccup and I thought I was in heaven. Then, disaster struck. It stopped working on my solo road trip from Southern California to Canada (which, at a 21.0mpg average and 700 miles to a tank, made for a bladder busting ride....Canadian border to Redding, California on one tank!).

I took it to my local dealer and at first was told my truck didnt have the option. After informing them that I had been using it the whole time and focused their attention to the rear view mirror controls, they again "looked" and told me it was broken. I was told the part was backordered until October (it was July at this time). In October I was told it was backordered until November. In December I was told it was backordered until January. Needless to say I was pretty pissed. The dealer told me it was not their problem and it was a vendor issue. After a scathing email to Dodge (a phone call would be a little too personal haha), I have so far had ZERO help. I am just told to continue to wait longer. Needless to say, Dodge is not doing a very good job at keeping me as a customer. I even just got the OK from the Warden (wife) to begin my research in purchasing a new Challenger R/T, but now I think that I may not.

Has anyone else had this problem? Did your UConnect get replaced recently by your dealer? I'm looking for anything here....California is way too ticket happy for people using their cell phones, and I refuse to be one of those DBs with that stupid thing hanging out of their ears (last statement retracted for those that use them).

Old 12-20-2010, 09:04 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I responded to this in the other post you found. It's very possible all you need is a ROM update. I'd at least make them try it if they can't get another unit to install.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...ect-probs.html

Last edited by HammerZ71; 12-20-2010 at 09:11 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:19 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

When it doubt try a different dealer also.

But you could get an after market head unit with BT and be done with all of it by now also.

Quick Reply: Broken UConnect....backordered 6 months!