View Poll Results: Have you had good results by Grounding the TB ?
Yes
81.25%
No
18.75%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

grounding the TB ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 04:36 PM
08HEMI1500
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I disconnected the battery when I installed the wire.

Old 01-29-2012, 04:38 AM
rbatshon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do not know if I am imagining or not, but I noticed enhancement in fuel consumption after grounding the TB as well as the whole engine. Will confirm after next fill up and calculate the exact MPG.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:00 PM
wink2873
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just did this, and Im surprised to say I did notice a difference in idle, throttle response, and shift firmness. My truck would idle at like 500 rpms at a stop sign before, now it idles right at 650.. rock steady. I can definately tell throttle response is better. But the thing that amazed me the most was how much firmer it shifts. It used to fall flat on its face when doing the 1-2 shift, now its not nearly as bad. still not very good.... but not as bad as it was. I used the 6$ piece of 6 guage battery cable from wal mart for a lawn mower... worked perfect and took 15 minutes.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:46 PM
adventurer
Professional

Yes its amazing, i can't find any explanation of how that wire also changed the shifting !

Old 01-29-2012, 03:10 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Yep, I've intentionally been driving the truck more than normal the past few days and at this point I know that besides the obvious rock steady idle, I feel a little bit better throttle response and shift firmness. The difference probably would be more if I was bone stock, but with my custom shifts and the SC, they are pretty firm as it is, so the difference is pretty subtle, but definitely there...

Old 01-29-2012, 04:38 PM
wink2873
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Yep, I've intentionally been driving the truck more than normal the past few days and at this point I know that besides the obvious rock steady idle, I feel a little bit better throttle response and shift firmness. The difference probably would be more if I was bone stock, but with my custom shifts and the SC, they are pretty firm as it is, so the difference is pretty subtle, but definitely there...
yea, if you had an 03 with no way to adjust shift firmness, youd be amazed at how much better it shifts. I was actually thinking about spending the money on a sharadon valve body until now. I just wonder how that happens.

Old 01-29-2012, 05:14 PM
adventurer
Professional

Originally Posted by wink2873
yea, if you had an 03 with no way to adjust shift firmness, youd be amazed at how much better it shifts. I was actually thinking about spending the money on a sharadon valve body until now. I just wonder how that happens.
You can add another slight improvement by grounding the engine from the Battery (-) use 0000 AWG wire at least, this way u will also give the tranny some additional grounding ( see the attached pics on post #65 page 7) u will feel a difference after re-setting the PCM

Old 01-29-2012, 05:56 PM
houseoftoes
Professional

I can say that my truck is bone stock and there is a large difference in the way the throttle response is and the shifting is a big difference. My gas mileage dropped (according to my little overhead console, if that means anything) from a solid 13.9 to a 13.5. Ill take the .4 lose any day!

Old 01-29-2012, 07:24 PM
adventurer
Professional

Originally Posted by houseoftoes
I can say that my truck is bone stock and there is a large difference in the way the throttle response is and the shifting is a big difference.
Yes as Hammer said The difference will be more obvious on a bone stock truck than on a custom tuned truck

Old 01-29-2012, 09:08 PM
Brandon Anderson
All Star

After showing signs of going dead for over a month now, my battery finally kicked the bucket this weekend. I decided to try the ground wire out when I was under the hood changing the battery out. Bought 10awg wire and crimped on my own ring connectors. Took about 15min or so, and most of that was uninstalling and reinstalling my CAI. As most here have already mentioned, I noticed the steady idle right away. Since purchasing the truck, I had always thought the idle was shaky, and this was my sole reason for performing this mod. I also noticed that the throttle does seem to respond quicker, but it's not pronounced.

Of course I snapped some pics. Unless you know what you're looking for, you'd hardly notice it's there at all.

Quick Reply: grounding the TB ???