3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

abs, brake light, speedometer and now no gas gage?!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 12:07 PM
amandakay
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face abs, brake light, speedometer and now no gas gage?!?

I just bought an 02 1500 5.9L the first part of last month and it ran fine, gages and everything were good. Two weeks later while out driving the truck randomly starts running hot then my abs, and brake light comes on so on my way to the auto parts store my speedometer stopped working. They put a code reader on it and said the sensor by the tran is out. Get the part replace it still no sped. Get the other sensor for the rear and replace it still nothing put the code reader on and its still saying it the one by the trans even though both sensors have been replaced twice. Turns out the truck was running hot due to a bad clamp on a hose behind the alt. Put a new clamp on truck runs fine and then my gas gage just stopped working. What do yall think is causing this and how do I fix it? I held the trip/odometer button and flipped the key over, all of my gages work but at the end it says c code ac 00 00 00. I've looked up the c code list but didn't find that one on there.

Old 09-02-2014, 01:01 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

00 00 00 is the finished code... it basically means no more codes are present... if it's the only one that shows up then that means there aren't any C-Codes.

I think you might want to look under your fuse panel for corrosion, also might want to try putting a new battery on the truck and check all of your main ground connections.

Next thing to check is the cluster connection (you'll need to remove the whole cluster to inspect the connector, so that would be the last step.

Quick Reply: abs, brake light, speedometer and now no gas gage?!?