3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

fuel problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 07:08 PM
redsaber
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel problem

I have a 2006 ram 3500 which died while pulling a trailer. There is 39% fuel left in tank but the fuel pump in tank can't keep enough to injector pump. When I first start engine it will run for 1/2 - 1 minute and then die. I hear five or six thumps in fuel tank area and then engine dies within 1/2 minute, I have changed fuel pump in tank and fuel filter twice and I still have this problem. I might be an auto tech but when it comes to diesels I don't know allot. I changed injectors two yrs. ago but being around auto electronics that don't mean a whole lot. Does anybody know an answer to this problem?

Old 07-19-2015, 07:44 PM
rtmtrrdr
All Star
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

did you change the lift pump also?

Old 07-19-2015, 11:19 PM
redsaber
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only fuel pumps that I know of is the fuel pump in tank and fuel gear pump on back of injector pump and then the high pressure injector pump. I was told that these three were the only pump on my truck by Dodge dealer in this area

Quick Reply: fuel problem