3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Clicking sound front drivers side

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 06:46 PM
Friar Tuck
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does it matter whether straight ahead or turning? Nothing is hitting the tire?
Here's a weird possibility...something inside the tire.

Old 05-22-2016, 10:17 AM
66three83
Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

What kind of rims do you have? If they are chrome, there could be a small rock between the chrome cover and the steel rim. It could make quite a racket at slow speeds, then disappear at higher speed.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:34 PM
badjojo13
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by team_realtree
06 2wd ram 1500

This is really pissing me off. There is new pads and rotors, new wheel bearing/hub assembly/ and new ball joints...

Yet STILL as I am driving at slower speeds there is a click click click almost not as fast as the tire rotates a full rotation. It does it driving on grass too so not a stone in the tread.

Brake pad clips are not hitting rotor. Dust shield has been removed so no stone between shield and rotor.

How can an essentially brand new front end be doing this !!

Please help
Have you ever found the cause i have that same noise on my truck both front wheel worst when worm cold seems to go away the warmer the brake wors the noise. Also noticable when turning

Old 07-19-2016, 12:14 PM
team_realtree
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by badjojo13
Have you ever found the cause i have that same noise on my truck both front wheel worst when worm cold seems to go away the warmer the brake wors the noise. Also noticable when turning
It was a cracked wheel stud. It ended up braking off when I was removing the tire trying to find the noise.

Quick Reply: Clicking sound front drivers side