3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

06 ram 4.7 misfires/ HELP

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 01:05 AM
Friar Tuck
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb O2 Sensor problem

the upstream #1 o2 sensor is really bothering me with the heater line closed loop failure...

Where did you get a heater line closed loop failure error? What is the code for that?
The power for the o2 heaters is supplied by the ASD relay in the IPM. It is a common output that goes to the coils, injectors, PCM, and O2 heaters. If the engine is running, that output is good.

Old 05-23-2016, 04:12 PM
cmunk32
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .

Originally Posted by Friar Tuck
the upstream #1 o2 sensor is really bothering me with the heater line closed loop failure...

Where did you get a heater line closed loop failure error? What is the code for that?
The power for the o2 heaters is supplied by the ASD relay in the IPM. It is a common output that goes to the coils, injectors, PCM, and O2 heaters. If the engine is running, that output is good.
Not sure the exact code, ive been trying to find my print out an exact wording. But hence why that code is my most concerning. Again not sure the exact wording but it was along the lines of o2 closed loop failure or heater line closed loop failure. Ill either pull the codes again or ill keep trying to find my print outs? Its so weird When i get the truck up to hwy speed itll run fine the rest of the time its running even if i get off the hwy again, like the truck forgets what to do until its taken up through the entire power curve, than its good until it either is shut off or sits at idle for a few minutes like stuck at a train or something, makes me think the pcm isnt retaining memory..? If thats possible.. Im gonna drop if off tomorrow to have the fuel system tested an go from there. I didnt get anything done last weekend

Quick Reply: 06 ram 4.7 misfires/ HELP