3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Engine Knock...Lifter Noise??? Hemi 5.7

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 08:54 PM
silvernightmare
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Engine Knock...Lifter Noise??? Hemi 5.7

Monstza is something like that covered in the warranty? If not how much would it cost?

Old 02-19-2006, 11:09 PM
Monzsta

Yes, it's covered under warranty, either, powertrain, or extended. (3/36 or 7/70) If you're out' it'd be about $1300 to repair it at current (95$/hr) shop rates but I can do it cheaper...

Old 02-21-2006, 10:42 PM
Wemdog

I had that same problem with what the dealership said was a lifter tick, on my 05 hemi, however the lifter tick was actually an engine knock that they found out when the motor blew up, and since some water got into the intake they said it was my fault even though I have several service orders stating otherwise. I would go get it looked at more closely.

Old 11-23-2017, 06:48 PM
Chasity Lynn Baker

Originally Posted by YellaHemiRam
I've got a terrible knock that sounds to to me like a lifter. Is anyone else getting anything like this? Dealer claims it is injector noise, but I know better. Anybody had this problem and been able to get it resolved?
I was wondering if you found out any answers to your questions? I've got the same problem with mine, do you know if they have hydraulic lifters in it ? Because if it does that's what I think the problems? Please reply?

Old 11-24-2017, 09:09 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,179 Likes on 2,932 Posts

Originally Posted by Chasity Lynn Baker
I was wondering if you found out any answers to your questions? I've got the same problem with mine, do you know if they have hydraulic lifters in it ? Because if it does that's what I think the problems? Please reply?
Nine year old thread. Don't expect an answer from the OP.........

Yes, hydraulic lifters.

Quick Reply: Engine Knock...Lifter Noise??? Hemi 5.7