3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Monroe Reflex shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 03:10 AM
eatsleepdrivesc
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Monroe Reflex shocks?

Reindeerman

thanks for the point out

here is what i ment : that you push on the front and back ends a couple of times to get some movement (each seperate front and rear) and if it stops really quick then the shocks are shot, but it they bounce on for a excessive time then they are shot also and should be replace with either situation..sorry if this thing really doesn't make sense but i can do it a lot easier then writing it out, just trying to help the people

Old 06-28-2006, 12:32 PM
jrsick
All Star
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts

eastsleepdrivesc, I'm definitely no expert, but believe that the test you describe is for passenger vehicles that are light weight/light duty and sprung largely or entirely by the shock absorbers. Trucks have got some heavy duty coils and leafs and make that test hard to do and even harder to evaluate. I can jump up and down in my truck bed and get very little suspension travel. Good way I've found to test shocks is see if I have to make steering corrections when going over slightly bumpy roads or washboards, if so, then the wheels are coming off of the ground and I need new shocks. I've got a 4x4 though and this may not apply to 4x2. Thanks for getting me thinking about this.

Old 06-28-2006, 02:08 PM
eatsleepdrivesc
Veteran

well my truck is a 4x2 and it works on that i will have to try it sometime on a 4x4 but it works o my truck i just have to give it a couple of good pushes on the front radiator support and the front will move up and down and for the rear i just stand on the rear bumper and jump a couple of time and then jump off and watch.

Old 09-16-2012, 08:17 PM
jleonard
Professional

A little feedback on the Reflex shocks. I installed them all around in the spring. Prob. Have 6k or 7k on them. I feel they are undervalved for the weight of the truck. 05 Ram 1500 quad cab w/ 20s. When new I had no more wheel hop over the hiway bridge joints. It stopped stepping out on me. Now, not even six months later shes steppin out on me again. I think Im gonna try the Ranchos next. I did my homework and thought the Reflex would do the job but I may have been wrong. All my driving is onroad, but then again im in Ma. All of the road and hiway money goes in the politicians pockets so its just like offroading at high speeds. Any input is welcome trying to keep cost down too.

Old 09-16-2012, 08:29 PM
kenneymc
Veteran

I have the reflexes, big improvement over stock. I'm happy with em. Truck rides a lot smoother, no more bounce or it feeling likes its gonna jump out from under me at times. However, mine is not a daily driver.

Old 09-16-2012, 09:03 PM
p38251
Record Breaker

OE shocks are only good until about 60k. I had 2 that would not rebound when I replace mine 3yrs ago with Reflex's. Had about 70k on the truck.

Quick Reply: Monroe Reflex shocks?