3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Install writeup: 2wd coil spacer leveling kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 11:11 AM
TXST8tj
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have not been on here in a long time, but I came back to research some lowering kits and thought I would stop by.

I am very happy to see that this writeup has helped a few people. It really is as simple as it seems.

My buddy's truck is still running great with the spacers. He has had no accellerated wear of the ball joints or anything else.

I would personally wait to do the spacers and longer shocks at the sametime. You will need the longer shocks, so you might as well only have to do that step once.

GET AN ALIGNMENT as soon as you can after the lift is done.

Email me at swtexasblazer@yahoo if you have any questions as I am not on this form often.

*The steps are basically the same if you have the newer body style with the struts/coilovers. You just bolt the spacer to the top in that case vs. just placing the spacer on top on the older style.

Old 05-17-2009, 11:59 PM
lerchcon
Smile

This will be my first post here I didnt even know of this website until I searched for Spacers, and shocks. I have read this entire thread and am entirely confused = ). I just need to make sure that when I buy these spacers that I wont have that raked look anymore. Everyone is talking about lifting the rear to match the front, all I want is a leveled look. Right now I have the stock 17's with Nitto grapplers 265/70/17's so will I have a leveled look with these spacers? If I add the factory spacers on top of the 2 inch spacer will the front be higher? And to the guy that was the original poster IMO the truck looks higher in the back, is it? Thanks to all I just want to make sure I order the right thing.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:55 AM
mpfoote

Originally Posted by lerchcon
This will be my first post here I didnt even know of this website until I searched for Spacers, and shocks. I have read this entire thread and am entirely confused = ). I just need to make sure that when I buy these spacers that I wont have that raked look anymore. Everyone is talking about lifting the rear to match the front, all I want is a leveled look. Right now I have the stock 17's with Nitto grapplers 265/70/17's so will I have a leveled look with these spacers? If I add the factory spacers on top of the 2 inch spacer will the front be higher? And to the guy that was the original poster IMO the truck looks higher in the back, is it? Thanks to all I just want to make sure I order the right thing.
I would suggest loading the truck like your normally going to load it, then take it up to a completely flat parking lot somewhere and pull out the tape measure and measure all 4 wheel well heights. That's the only way your going to know what is right for YOUR truck.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:34 PM
lerchcon

thanks for the quick reply I appreciate it. I will go to a level parking lot, but i dont haul anything I am one of those guys who drives a truck because most cars looked like they are wrapped around my 6 foot 5 a$$.

Old 05-19-2009, 02:19 PM
mpfoote

I know what you mean. I am 6 foot 5 too.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:25 PM
hmathews

This is a great write up and a lot of information. I have a 2007 RAM 2500 that I am trying to do the leveling with the 2" kit. I have heard several of you say that I need new shocks and I have ordered Bilstein 5100 for front and rear. Will the Bilstein be enough with the 2" lift? I see that you are recommending the Procomps and no one has said anything about the Bilstein 5100. My question really is if Bilstein 5100 be overextending with the new 2" lift?

Thanks for the help!

Old 11-04-2009, 12:03 PM
hemi slappin
Professional

i have a question about your leveling kit.. after you installed it a week or 2 later or anytime down the road has it settled down any... or the front end sink from when you first installed it??

Old 11-04-2009, 12:27 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hemi slappin
i have a question about your leveling kit.. after you installed it a week or 2 later or anytime down the road has it settled down any... or the front end sink from when you first installed it??
yes it will settle down a little. i think mine may have settled maybe a quarter to half an inch.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:59 PM
FLAWLEZ427

ok so im having some trouble ordering this 2" level kit..im calling 4 wheel parts and they keep telling me that this 2" only fits MEga Cabs...that the spacer wont fit correctly on a 1500 reg cab or 4 door, that the coil might come out. He even called the techs at daystar and supposly thats what they told him

Old 02-11-2011, 06:29 PM
Matt99
Champion

hes wrong

Quick Reply: Install writeup: 2wd coil spacer leveling kit