3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-13-2015, 05:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

After market double din dvd player and navigation bezel

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 12:14 AM
ringnalda506
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile After market double din dvd player and navigation bezel

Hi ,anyone has experience installing a double din after market dvd player (like the JVC KW-AVX710)into a 2006 dodge ram 1500 and replacing the standard dash bezel (for the KAR type radio) for a dodge navigation bezel(REC type radio/navigation system)?

Old 11-19-2008, 12:19 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah. It's pretty easy. Do you have the Infinity sound or basic 4 speaker

Old 11-19-2008, 01:36 AM
DeanoBobino

Haha, I was actually wondering the same thing. I have the 4 speakers in mine with the single disc. What is needed to change to 2DIN?

Old 11-19-2008, 08:42 AM
RubberFrog
Champion

Just get the nav bezel and you are good to go!

Old 11-19-2008, 10:09 AM
Ben D.
Champion

nav bezel harness for the truck antenna adapter and ur good to go. it's pretty simple just slaps right in.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:15 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

Yeah, I refused to pay the $80 for the navigation harness. It's not needed. I went to local parts plus and bought the basic connector for the speaker wires and paid only $10. The power wire is in that connector along with all the speaker wires. Then for the ACC(red) I tapped into the left ciggaratte lighter positive as it's controlled by the ignition and your gonna have access to is once the bezel is removed. And for the ground, I just slapped on a ring connector and self tapping screw right into the tubular frame that is directly behind the radio unit.
The only wires for the nav unit to function properly is stated above as well as the parking brake wire. That will have a self tapping connector on it. Just tap into the ground wire and then you'll be able to enjoy DVD's while driving. Forget about hooking all the other stuff up as it's not all that important. I haven't had one single problem yet.(I have a navi unit and it has speed sensor, back-up sensor, reverse sensor and a few others) You prob won't have those with a standard DVD, just the parking brake wire that you'll wanna ground.

You will have to unscrew the 4x4, rear slider/heated seat(if equipt), and heater control panels once removed and swap them over to the new bezel. The new bezel will only have the little pocket to the right and both lighter outlets already installed. I paid $130 from local dealership. It took 1 day to get.

Have you checked out the Pioneer AVH4000DVD? It's super cheap and it's a nice unit.
http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-AVH-P400...lenotsupported

You will need the adapter for the antenna. It's $10

Old 11-21-2008, 12:57 AM
ringnalda506
Amateur

Originally Posted by dirtydog
Yeah. It's pretty easy. Do you have the Infinity sound or basic 4 speaker
I have the infinity 7 speaker system

Old 11-21-2008, 01:02 AM
Ben D.
Champion

yea you don't need the nav harness unless you had factory nav and are installign an aftermarket double din. otherwise just the regular connector.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:03 AM
ringnalda506
Amateur

Originally Posted by dirtydog
Yeah, I refused to pay the $80 for the navigation harness. It's not needed. I went to local parts plus and bought the basic connector for the speaker wires and paid only $10. The power wire is in that connector along with all the speaker wires. Then for the ACC(red) I tapped into the left ciggaratte lighter positive as it's controlled by the ignition and your gonna have access to is once the bezel is removed. And for the ground, I just slapped on a ring connector and self tapping screw right into the tubular frame that is directly behind the radio unit.
The only wires for the nav unit to function properly is stated above as well as the parking brake wire. That will have a self tapping connector on it. Just tap into the ground wire and then you'll be able to enjoy DVD's while driving. Forget about hooking all the other stuff up as it's not all that important. I haven't had one single problem yet.(I have a navi unit and it has speed sensor, back-up sensor, reverse sensor and a few others) You prob won't have those with a standard DVD, just the parking brake wire that you'll wanna ground.

You will have to unscrew the 4x4, rear slider/heated seat(if equipt), and heater control panels once removed and swap them over to the new bezel. The new bezel will only have the little pocket to the right and both lighter outlets already installed. I paid $130 from local dealership. It took 1 day to get.

Have you checked out the Pioneer AVH4000DVD? It's super cheap and it's a nice unit.
http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-AVH-P400...lenotsupported

You will need the adapter for the antenna. It's $10
The pioneer system you are refering to , is that the system you have set up in your car?
How is it performing? What about the issues mentiones on the crutchfield site? quote:"In Premium Amplified Systems, you can only connect two channels from the aftermarket stereo, so you'll lose the ability to fade from front to rear."
Did you resolve them with the solucion you wrote or does the pioneer have more then 2 channels??

Old 11-21-2008, 01:57 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

I have the 4 speaker system.
If you have the Infinity system I would seriously reccomend getting the Canbus bypass. It's all integrated into one harness and will be far easier to use than without. For $80 it is well worth it for the Inifnity sound!
No , I don't have that specific unit. I installed the Pionerr Avic-F90bt Navigation unit. Very nice. Very similar as far as layout. I have 4volt preouts and front/rear/sub rca's. The other units only have 2volt preouts but still have all 3 rca's. The sound is great and the unit itslef is so easy to use. It's literally for dummies. It almost seems like there's not much to it because it's laid out so well. I like the fact that it doesn't have to fold down the faceplate to insert and eject CD's. Also the fact it has a descent size turn **** for the volume and not a tiny button nor a tiny slippery turn **** as most single dins or so called "sylish" double dins have so they can have more room for the screen. The 5.8" screen is plenty big enough for me and I'm a gadget kinda guy. My unit has a SD card reader input right in the face plate. Love it!!! A USB rear output for ipods or flash devices that I ran into my glovebox. The screen resolution is very crisp and clear. Great colors. I purchased my f90bt from Sonic Electronix here: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...VIC-F90BT.html

Quick Reply: After market double din dvd player and navigation bezel