4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2012 ram leveling kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 03:19 PM
nywolf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 ram leveling kit

looking for advise on a leveling kit i read that the cnc steel or aluminum are the best.I was also trying to figure out some come with rear spacers and some dont does anyone know why or which one is better. thanks

Old 10-01-2015, 06:34 AM
iwhitne
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i just purchased a 3" front and 1" rear aluminum kit for around $80 on ebay... i tried to install it butran into some issues...

the first issues was trying to get the bolt that holds the strut tower to the lower A arm out... anyone that has worked around these trucks will tell it what a joy it is to try and get those bolts out! make sure you have plenty of PB blaster and a strong arm...

after I got the bolt broke free I dropped the strut tower and installed the spacer... I could not get it to go back into place... the kit I bough turns the tower 180 degrees and it was rubbing the A arm and the bolt would not line up...

I'm going to try and attack it again when I have more time this winter... and I think I will end up swapping the pass/drive side strut towers to see if that works...

most spacer kits are a breeze to install though.. In my case I was trying to rush through it on a 98 degree afternoon..

Old 12-02-2015, 08:00 PM
iwhitne
Record Breaker

as an update... I completed my install and everything went together perfect... the truck sits perfectly... switching the front struts to the opposite side worked for me with my 3" front spacers... the rear 1" spacers installed very easy... you will need a high lift jack.. or a bunch on blocks...

to install the rear spacers... jack up the rear end so the tires are off the ground... you will need to use the hitch as a jack point.... remove the sway bar end links and lower shock bolt.. (I completed one side at a time)... use a 2x4 or large "lever" to lift the spring up enough to slide the spacer in under the spring.... install the shock bolt and sway bar and lower truck to ground... I'm very happy with the install... I will try to post some pictures soon

Old 12-20-2015, 10:07 AM
jaelliott
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how do i find a levelling kit that drops the rear 2". all i can find is ones that raide the front

Old 12-22-2015, 08:23 AM
iwhitne
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by jaelliott
how do i find a levelling kit that drops the rear 2". all i can find is ones that raide the front
that would be a 2" drop kit...you would need to search for rear drop springs... simply swap out the rear springs for new drop springs that are 2" lower

Quick Reply: 2012 ram leveling kit