4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Anyone get a buyback yet??

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 02:13 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Congrats. You should see a marked improvement in MPG'S with the DEF truck and lots less frequent regens. I just took a 520 mile round trip and averaged 22.3 hand calculated...

Old 10-21-2015, 07:22 AM
carlg
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by andreas
I was offered $44,069.-- yesterday.
So does this represent trade in value + 10% for your vehicle?

Or is it actual retail value + 10% for your vehicle?

Old 10-21-2015, 07:27 AM
andreas

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Congrats. You should see a marked improvement in MPG'S with the DEF truck and lots less frequent regens. I just took a 520 mile round trip and averaged 22.3 hand calculated...
Thanks! Better mileage will be most welcome. I only did about 100 miles across town so far. The display says 18.9 so far. Not representative, I know, but I've never seen that in my '12. Not even close.

Old 10-21-2015, 07:31 AM
andreas

Originally Posted by carlg
So does this represent trade in value + 10% for your vehicle?

Or is it actual retail value + 10% for your vehicle?

That's KBB trade-in plus 10%.

Old 10-22-2015, 07:27 AM
carlg
Amateur

Originally Posted by andreas
That's KBB trade-in plus 10%.
Ouch, I'll keep my truck at KBB trade value. I kind of thought that the person who posted previously in this thread and said the website was wrong was FOS. Just another example of: "You can't believe everything you read on the internet."

There is a person on another one of the Dodge forums that is very disappointed about the fact that they are using KBB trade in value and that it does not meet the requirements of the order from NHTSA. He started a Facebook page, website, and other things. Wonder if he'll get results.

Well anyway, thanks for sharing your info and congrats/good luck on the new truck. I'm sure you will be happy with that one and also get many years out of that one. I hear they are as solid as tanks.

Carl

Old 10-22-2015, 07:46 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't know how they are not in compliance. The NHTSA left the order too vague in stating "less a reasonable allowance for depreciation" with no set rules for determining this amount. I think once again, the government has shown complete incompetence once again.

Not to mention, a lot of truck owners I talked to were living in a dream world regarding this decision thinking they were gonna get what they paid for a truck 5 or 6 years ago that they've had full use of for the most part the entire time they owned it. That's called a pipe dream...

Last edited by HammerZ71; 10-22-2015 at 07:49 AM.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:30 AM
andreas

I don't know how they are not in compliance. The NHTSA left the order too vague in stating "less a reasonable allowance for depreciation" with no set rules for determining this amount. I think once again, the government has shown complete incompetence once again.

Not to mention, a lot of truck owners I talked to were living in a dream world regarding this decision thinking they were gonna get what they paid for a truck 5 or 6 years ago that they've had full use of for the most part the entire time they owned it. That's called a pipe dream...
I think you're right, the consent order was not precise on what the price should be. In my case KBB plus 10% ended up being $10,000.-- under what I paid for my truck. That's out the door. In my opinion that is reasonable depreciation in my case.

The new truck has everything I want. I could have bought a 3500 dually for the same price but I wanted different features. The cost for having a brand new truck with full warranty, new tires, new everything was almost exactly $12,000.
That's $4,000.-- per year for getting out of a 2012 and into a 2015. I think that's pretty reasonable but YMMV.

It's easy for me to get really upset when I feel I'm not being treated right by someone much more powerful than myself. But when the actual numbers were in it turned out to be not as bad. There is no free lunch as they say and this one wasn't free either - but I negotiated the price of my new truck down to the number that I wanted. And I'm happy with the deal. New truck and the anger is gone - It's all good. :-)

Old 10-22-2015, 08:52 AM
carlg
Amateur

Totally correct. They left it way too vague. I would have been totally happy with KBB retail value (not trade in value) + 10%, but I will not do trade in value. In my opinion, NHTSA is kind of worthless. I even called them one time about this to get more information and they seemed kind if clueless.

Old 11-09-2015, 03:57 PM
robinsonfam1
Rookie

Sorry for not following up. Apparently my preferences are jacked since i havent received and emails etc about this thread.
at this point there are too many quotes for me to follow up on individually.

Yes I did talk to FCA about the order and also NHTSA per my original post. I have not yet planned on taking it the dealer to get the buyback under way. Im way too busy to mess with my POS local dealer.

I have talked with many other 4th gen owners and they all said they are planning on keeping their trucks. Most never heard anything about any of the recalls.

Im sure that if I wanted to push FCA for a BS offer then I would have my attny rain on them for a bit and get what I want but again; I dont have time for this BS.
since the recall i have a tie rod out, AC out, time for tune up....etc....maybe i should take it in....

Old 11-09-2015, 04:11 PM
robinsonfam1
Rookie

i just went to their website and followed the links to get a preliminary estimate. yes it does say KBB trade in value. NOT fair market value per their letter they sent. Per NHTSA this does qualify as breech and now I am supposed to contact the FTC about this.

There is no way for me to replace this truck with equal model for trade in value. who was thinking this was right?!?!? WTF ever....

If someone needs the number; this number was provided to me by NHTSA.

FTC 877-382-4357

Quick Reply: Anyone get a buyback yet??