4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2009 Ram Hemi Superchips Tuning Released

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 02:30 PM
crod
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Worth doing a firmware update? I have the cortex 3950
V1.21.12 I think I did it a year ago maybe?

Old 11-28-2013, 06:43 AM
1954Radio
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Power247
Hi all! New to this site and all I can say is WOW!!! Been reading through all of this and I want to say THANKS to all that took the time to beat through all of this!!!

I bought my SC 3865 a few months ago and have really loved it. I have been only running the canned tunes since I did not really understand how to change the advanced settings... until now!! I do have 2 questions though...

1. Do I need to return to stock before I getting the yearly emissions inspection?

2. Do I need to purchase something extra to change the Torque Management setting?

Thanks in advance for the insight. So happy to find more folks that are as excited about their RAMs as I am!
It doesn't look like anyone answered you yet so I'll try to help you. You don't have to set anything back to stock to get your yearly emissions inspection. As a matter of fact I would purposely leave it to prove it to yourself. Second, you can get SC advanced trans tuning but SC trans tune which is free works just fine without having to spend the extra money. I have the avanced trans tuning and ran my t/m at 6% and wound up with a favorable 8% which is where I am now. It's been on that setting and SC trans tune on and off/back and fourth for about four years now, maybe less. I don't like 6% (the kick sounds damaging), it feels too harsh, 8% is sweet. I'm about to go back to SC trans tune for a little while to try and get some extra life out of it for a while longer. I never compared the times between the two but SC seemed just a crisp only less kick. It still lites up the tires from a roll either way and always catches a good second even getting too loose sometimes ( but it's fun of course). SC trans tm settings are very safe and make a huge difference. Had I known there wasn't much difference other then a kick in the but and making the trans mount feel like it's loose, I would not have purchased the advanced trans tuning.

Old 11-28-2013, 06:54 AM
1954Radio
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I should also say that the real purpose of the Advanced trans tuning is to set both your up and down shift points at your desired rpms to do exactly what you want it to do when you want it to during normal everyday driving. That means downshift and upshift when you want it to and not when it wants to and at part throttle, not just full throttle. Stock, the transmission shifts too soon and doesn't downshift soon enough. The advanced trans tune will sweeten that up and make you fall in love again with your truck. But it's not for beginners, it's hard and time consuming to set everything just right.

Old 12-29-2013, 07:57 PM
Power247

Originally Posted by 1954Radio
It doesn't look like anyone answered you yet so I'll try to help you...
Thanks for the reply! I actually traded my '09 1500 in on a '12 2500 CTD in July. My SC3865 served me very well. It was a great tuner for the HEMI.

Old 06-14-2020, 01:15 PM
NITROJACK
Default Towing Tune

After installing the Superchips towing tune, what effect will the tow/haul button have?
Thanks in advance,
Bert

Old 06-14-2020, 01:23 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

Originally Posted by NITROJACK
After installing the Superchips towing tune, what effect will the tow/haul button have?
Thanks in advance,
Bert
Probably same as before. Disables your top gear, and re-maps TPS. (a bit more aggressive to get the trailer moving.)

Quick Reply: 2009 Ram Hemi Superchips Tuning Released