4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Roof leaking

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 01:06 PM
SilverGorilla
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had my 2010 Crew Cab in for the water leak. Headliner was wet in the area of the Sirius antennae and dripping onto my rear passenger seat. They found the leak was the 3rd brake light. Replaced the seal and said it was good to go.

Old 07-15-2011, 01:07 PM
LU229
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SilverGorilla
I just had my 2010 Crew Cab in for the water leak. Headliner was wet in the area of the Sirius antennae and dripping onto my rear passenger seat. They found the leak was the 3rd brake light. Replaced the seal and said it was good to go.
The dealer i went to says they never seen this with 2010 trucks, just 09 trucks...BULLSH_IT..!
If they didnt change the design, then how can they say they`ve never seen a 2010 leak there before...!
And they wonder why we get pizzed off at them...!

Old 07-15-2011, 01:57 PM
SilverGorilla
Amateur

When I picked it up the Service manager had said while they were working on the leak they received a bulletin about these third brake light leaks.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:18 PM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by LU229
My bet that its the top cab mounted brakelight gasket leaking.
Same issue here dude. (one of MANY issues my truck has...!!!!) The top cab mounted brake light is what caused mine to ruin the headliner. The gasket for the brakelight is very poor quality. (extremly under engineered in my opinion) Its been well over a month since i had the stealership look at it, and to this day, i havent heard a fuggin word back from them if they are gonna warranty the headliner due to the leak and staining it left. Had water all over my leather seats in the back...NOT FUGGIN KOOL AT ALL...!!! The dumb azz service manager took a couple pictures with his cell phone, i cant imagine chrysler is going to see the stains very well with a cell phone picture. (DUHHHH) I cant believe that is even allowed. The dealership should be equipped with a REAL camera so the stains would at least show how bad they really are. What a shame for what we pay for these trucks today and all the issues we end up having with them. With 20,000 miles on mine, the rearend blew out last week...not impressed with dodge right now...!!!!! The service is just horrible, and the truck isnt far behind in my opinion.
I use my cell phone for my main camera, have you seen some of the pictures that come out of these phones even high defintion 1080 P video

Old 09-24-2011, 10:58 PM
Cherokee

Just got my rear window replaced/resealed. I was getting an inch to 2 inches of water in the under rear seat storage. Seemed to leak more while driving in the rain than just parked in the rain. Going to keep an eye on it.

Old 12-22-2013, 02:47 PM
trainshooter

Well, just found that my new 2013 1500 Crew Cab Big Horn Edition LEAKS! The rear seat behind the drivers seat is soaking and the headliner at the corner is holding water. That is the corner where the SirriusXM radio antenna is located.

Old 01-14-2015, 11:13 AM
Offsure1
Default Roof seals leaking

Just took mine to the dealer and when their "leak guy" checked it the roof seal(s) was the culprit. I expected the third brake light. Water was found in the storage area under the rear drivers side seat. Water also dripped out of the overhead console as well.

Old 01-15-2015, 07:42 PM
SMGFATMAN71
Professional

5 1/2 years on my 09, as dry as a bone.....

Old 01-17-2015, 04:23 AM
Ram Tuff
Rookie

I have a 2013 sport and I found water under the passenger side rear seat in the storage area, at least a half a litre. Where do you think it might have came from?

Old 01-17-2015, 11:35 AM
Offsure1

Originally Posted by Ram Tuff
I have a 2013 sport and I found water under the passenger side rear seat in the storage area, at least a half a litre. Where do you think it might have came from?
It should be under warranty so get the dealer to partially remove the headliner and use a hose to pour water on roof and check both roof seals, third brake light, and rear window.

Quick Reply: Roof leaking