4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need Help Installing 2015 Dodge Ram 1500 Mirror Glass.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 11:00 PM
ADF1969
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Installing 2015 Dodge Ram 1500 Mirror Glass.

I am trying to replace the mirror glass (Part # 68067727AA) on a 2015 Dodge Ram 1500 (Driver's side).
I can't seem to get the OLD broken mirror glass part off. What is the trick?

And in anticipation, if you know how to put the NEW glass on, I'll probably need help with that as well (unless it is obvious from the removal process).

Thanks for your help!

Old 06-10-2015, 07:31 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Haven't done a 4th gen ram yet, but I've replaced the glass on a recent Grand Cherokee. Had to break off the old glass with a scraper. To install, cleaned off the old glue with goo gone, cleaned with alcohol, applied the peel and sticks and mirror...

Old 06-10-2015, 11:28 AM
Pedro Dog
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's been a while since I did mine, but it wasn't very difficult. I think there are 3 attachment points, 2 on the bottom one on top. If I remember correctly, the top is a snap and the bottoms ones are slip on. I had to turn the mirror pointing down all the way and used a long thin screwdriver to release the top. Then the glass should pull up and out. I do remember having a hard time getting the top to snap on by just pushing on the new mirror. I had to get a long thin screwdriver to hold the receiving part and then pushed on the mirror till it snapped in place.

Old 06-10-2015, 11:57 AM
ADF1969

From looking at the NEW mirror glass, it has the plastic backing, so it is not the kind where you scrape off the old glass and glue on the new.

I can see what looks like to "clips" on the top, but they don't look like they would "snap" on. It looks like you would push UP on the old glass/plastic piece to get them to break loose and then reverse that (push down) to get the new piece on.

However, I have tried that, and pushed pretty hard, and it isn't breaking loose, so before I put a lever in there and start prying (and run the risk of breaking the actual mirror motor) I wanted to see if someone had ever done it so they could let me know what the "trick" is. I'm sure the Dodge RAM Service Manual (which I don't have) explains how this is done.

Thanks for any help.

Old 06-11-2015, 09:57 PM
ADF1969
Default Still can't remove old mirror glass mounts

So, still can't remove the old mirror glass mounts.
Does *anyone* have access to the Dodge Service Manual that can give me some pointers so I don't break anything trying to remove the old mirror glass + mount?

Thanks.

Old 06-12-2015, 03:34 PM
SupraRam
Amateur

I just did the Blind Spot Mirror on the tow mirrors. It just pulled right off. From what I remember it was exactly the same for the main mirror.

Old 06-12-2015, 06:32 PM
Pedro Dog
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the shop manual and couldn't find anything about removing the mirrors. As said in my other reply, point the mirror down, use a tool to lift up on the middle snap and pull back towards you from the top of the glass. The mirror will pop out of the top. next, tilt the glass back and lift.

Quick Reply: Need Help Installing 2015 Dodge Ram 1500 Mirror Glass.