4th Gen Ram Tech 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2009 - 2018 Rams and the 2019 Ram Classic. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

09 RAM HVAC Issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 12:15 AM
perkinsd2103
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 RAM HVAC Issues

'09 ram 1500.
my HVAC system is all jacked up and nobody seems to be able to provide a solution...not the dealership or myself.

it started with knocking behind the dash, however, all functions worked fine. I replaced all the actuators for the HVAC system and was fine for a short while. soon after the knocking started again. I replaced them again and all was fine for a couple of days until not again. I am now in a situation where i have had to unplug the blend door actuator behind the glove box and manually set the door to blow hot air for winter and then will need to switch it to blow cold in the summer...as well as only being able to enjoy the features of mid-level vents or defrost only. no lower flower or blending of any of the three. just defrost or vent...one or the other.

I also have to periodically pull the dash cover and unplug, then replace, one of the main terminals or else my auto lights dont function....

Im lost. someone please help! I can provide my phone number if anyone out there feels they may have a solution but needs more information.

Old 03-10-2017, 10:59 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Recall K17 and J12. There is an HVAC software update that has to be done as well as the motors.

It reads as if your recirculation door has broken and fallen down blocking things off