Diesel General Discussion This section is for general discussions about your Deisel RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

My Ram journey continues

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 01:12 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My Ram journey continues

Hey all. Some of you older members might remember me from the 2nd gen section. Used to be pretty active years ago, then life happened. Anyway, after more then 10 years with my '99 1500 4x4, it had a major drive-line failure that was going to cost more then I wanted to spend to fix. So I moved on to a 2009 1500 Hemi 4x4. Great truck in pretty much every way. The low payload was about my only complaint. The miles started to get kinda high on it, so I sold it while I could still get something out of it, which I did pretty good on.

So here is my new truck. 2012 2500 4x4 ST 6.7 CTD. I bought it about 2 months ago with just under 70k miles on it. It was bone stock when I got it, right down to the 245's that were on their last leg. So officially my first mod was some 33's I put on the first week I owned it (BFG KO 2's). Original owner was an older man who maintained the truck meticulously. Every service was done on time, and all the recalls taken care of. Only thing he didn't have done yet was the 67500, but I go that. He towed a 8000lb box trailer every once in awhile, so he gave the Cummins a workout which is good, but nothing crazy that made me concerned to buy it. I had a diesel mechanic friend of mine check it out, and he said everything looked solid.

So far, I am loving the truck. I do miss the lighter weight, agile feeling, and off-line sprint of my '09 Hemi, but the 800 ft/lbs sure puts a smile on my face. This just feels like what a truck should feel like too. Love the Rambox. Still fits in my garage too, which is a bonus. Can't wait to tow the camper with it. Since almost ever trip I do entails an Ike Gauntlet pull, I am really excited to have a rig that should barely break a sweat with my 6800lb travel trailer. It won't be my daily driver (I have a beater car for that), so it really will only be used for camping/hunting/fishing trips. Looking forward to a long life with this truck and hoping it will last me to 200-300k. I hope not to buy another truck for a long time.

Attached Thumbnails My Ram journey continues-20161126_164419.jpeg  

Last edited by Silver_Dodge; 01-05-2017 at 01:41 PM.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:50 PM
relrobber
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice looking truck! I traded in my '96 2500 gasser for a '11 3500 CTD last August and love it! I have a long bed and no Rambox, but it already had rails installed for a 5th wheel hitch and looked almost brand-spanking new. I got 10 years out of my 2500, and like you hope to keep this truck for many years to come.