Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Factory Radio Power Specs

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 01:07 AM
somenothingness
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Factory Radio Power Specs

I have the base CD player in my 07 SXT. I have aftermarket Blaupaunkt 6x9 3 ways. They sound really good considering they are being pushed by the factory radio. But, while the highs are crisp and the mids are good, the bass has a good bit of low end, but I know they can do more. I am wondering what the factory unit is powering peak as compared to most aftermarket headunits that push 50wx4 peak. I know the factory speakers were 15w each. Obviously, if the factory unit is pushing the same as an aftermarket then there would be no use to go with an aftermarket. And, I'm not going to disassemble the car to add amps. But, if the factory is pushing some 10-20 watts max, then that would be the decision maker. I know how these factory radios die and are too expensive to replace, so there's not much use adding on too much equipment between it and the speakers. Anybody know the watts? Anybody added aftermarket stereo components? What works and what doesn't?

Old 03-17-2009, 08:16 AM
bigtsr
Captain

I found this reference on the net to the base radio-hope it answers your
question.Googled 2007+dodge+caliber+radio.

REF AM/FM Stereo with CD Player provides 66 watts of power at 3% total harmonic distortion and 12 AM/12 FM station presets
• Hands-free compatible with factory Uconnect system
• Includes mini stereo input
• Covered by Mopar's 12 Month/12,000 Mile Parts and Accessories Warranty

Old 03-17-2009, 02:02 PM
somenothingness
Professional

Yeah, with 16wx4 totaling 66 watts that's not a big push. May have to start looking around for something better. Thanks again.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:10 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Crutchfield will show what fits and what doesn't. Speakers with a higher dec. per watt rating will sound better. Pioneer and Infinity Kappa series are about the highest.

Quick Reply: Factory Radio Power Specs