Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Help, no turn signals or wipers!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 05:38 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks for the help guys. Helpful information.

Old 01-06-2022, 02:06 AM
Mosi
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure if you are still around BCP but the same thing happened to my bf's car today and I read exactly what you wrote and he did everything including putting his keys in his pocket and BAM! wouldn't you know it WORKED!

If you see this message I just wanted to thank you SO much for explaining every step in detail exactly how he needed to do in so he wouldnt mess anything up. I know it was almost 10 years ago that you posted but just maybe somehow you will know how much you have helped me/us.

The following users liked this post:
geno67 (11-04-2023)
Old 11-01-2022, 05:27 AM
340X
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BCP Question, similar situation.(fixed)

Originally Posted by BCP Service
No sarcasm intended, your post that stated the stalks are on diff sides, indicated that you may not be "familiar" with the vehicle, VIN indicates was a NY "Enterprise Rental" before you owned it. (thus LHD)..#2 Battery disconnect w/ key left in ignition WILL cause T.I.P.M. (totally integrated power module) aka "Gateway" .. to Shock and end result will be ..No Start !!, Thats why I indicated "put keys in pocket" .. also Battery is not easy to find if not familiar w/ underhood on caliber (lives under air intake) but also has jumper post's !! .. Part Number is correct (4 superscessions from OE part). battery disconnect (as indicated earlier) was a TRY at best.. Vehicle is CAN Buss w/ IHS slave modules that use BCM/CCN as communication to TIPM. That being said, any "module" that locks up (like a laptop), needs to be rebooted. as the BCM/CCN are IOD controlled circuits, they always have some power (approx .20 mA) to retain memory. battery disconnect will allow modules to "Sleep" and reboot.. Car needs a MF switch !!
So I picked up this 06 Dodge Magnum 2.7l with a locked up engine. Swapped to a 4.0l and it runs amazing now.
My issue is I had several electrical issues. Come to find out someone had been jacking with the front fuse box. Missing relays & fuses. I have all that straightened out now. But, my headlights are jacked up. Basically, the high beams stay on all the time if the car is running, headlights on or off. Once I turn the headlights on, all four headlights come on but I can't switch them with the M/S.
High beam indicator stays on constantly. I have turn signals for the most part. Dash indicators work, all but 3 exterior lights work. And it worked until I swapped the Front Control Module.
The original problem(s) were: #30 fuse in rear fuse box blown and was missing #27 fuse in front fuse box, Front Control Module fuse. All that is fixed. I have swapped FCM & Headlight switch. It doesnt matter which ones I use, nothing makes a difference. Headlights and indicator used to switch on/off initially but wont now. Tried the battery disconnect but didnt remove key. No difference. Will try removing key.
Any suggestions?
FIXED SOLUTION:
I assumed that since switching the Headlight switches and Front Control Modules didn't make a difference, there was only one item left that could have been the issue. That was the Multi-function Switch in the steering wheel. I picked a used one up from the salvage yard, installed it, and now the headlights work properly.
There are 3 main elements to the head lights: Headlight switch, Front Control Module & the Multi-function Switch in the steering column.
There are also 4 fuses that are part of the system too. Fuses #5 & #30 in the rear fuse box. #5 feeds #30 supposedly. #30 is power to the FCM.
Then there are two fuses in the front fuse box. #25 & #27. These are big heavy 40amp & 20amp fuses that are about 1/2" square and about 1" long. They are hard to tell if they are good/bad just by looking at them. Check with a volt meter to be sure.
On the one rear blinker light that wouldnt work, the bulb was bad. It looked good, worked previously before swapping FCM. A new bulb fixed that.

Last edited by 340X; 11-07-2022 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Typing errors

Quick Reply: Help, no turn signals or wipers!