Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Power window problems, Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 05:47 PM
WVMedic
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power window problems, Please help!

Hi All,
I have a 2007 Caliber R/T, and 2 days ago the wife rolled the passenger front window down and now it will not come back up. All the other windows work fine. When troubleshooting it, I checked the switches and they seem to work fine, meaning that I have unplugged the window motor and have checked power from the drivers side master switch and the passenger side switch and both send power to the motor on both sides of the switch like they should when using a test light. So I figured the motor went bad and I replaced the motor with a new one. I installed it today and figured I should test it before I put the door back together. When I hit the switch, it will only work in the down position. So I tested the motor by connecting directly to the battery, and it rolled the window up, reverse the wires and the window goes down. So it seems that the motor is working correctly. but when I hook it back up to the car, it only goes down. I checked the switch with a test light again and it checks out ok. I know this seems a little scatter brained , and I am sorry. This thing is about to drive me nuts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Chad

Old 05-20-2016, 10:45 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Sounds like you might a broken return wire somewhere. On a basic window system, the ground for all other window switches is routed back through one wire to through master switch to ground. This is how the window lockout button on the master switch can do what it does.

Look for the Orange wire with Red tracer. If it operates the same way from both front switches then you probably have a bad master switch. Sorry I can't paste the diagrams, they're in hyperlink format in the app I use.

Last edited by TNtech; 05-20-2016 at 10:48 PM.
Old 05-21-2016, 02:47 PM
WVMedic
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks TNtech. Found the problem, have a wire that goes from the door jam to the door that is worn. Thanks for your help.

Quick Reply: Power window problems, Please help!