Dodge Caliber The new sporty Dodge Caliber is a hatchback that replaces the Dodge Neon. The Dodge Caliber is here to stay!

Problems with my dodge caliber sxt 2.0 - 2007

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 05:54 AM
Rendall Goh
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Problems with my dodge caliber sxt 2.0 - 2007

Hi All,

Greatly appreciate if anyone could assist on the below mentioned:

1) While cruising at 90km p/hr then engine revs to 4000rpm and then drops to below 900rpm causing the car to stall. Happens more then 5 times.

2) When cruising at 115km p/hr and accelerating further, overheating light appears on dashboard thus I have to slow down my speed to 80km and the light goes off. Happens always when I exceed 115km p/hr.

3) Car engine compartment is very hot. I suppose the air intake is poor for this vehicle. Should I mod and change to after market products to increase its airflow?

Appreciate constructive replies and also ways to cure the problem which occurs one after the other. Getting very tired of my ride.... Please help.

Have a great weekend my dear friends.

Old 06-04-2016, 06:58 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the forum.
1) Sounds like a possible transmission issue.
2) Transmission issue once again.
3) The factory air intake draws in air from the front of the car. No real benefit from an aftermarket unit.

I would have the dealer check the car with their scan tool. It is the best way to diagnose the issue. They can read real time data while driving the car.
Best of luck to ya. If you get it checked out, please post up your findings in this thread. Someone else may have the same issue and the info will be helpful.

Quick Reply: Problems with my dodge caliber sxt 2.0 - 2007