Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Hi, What would be involved in installing dual heat?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 09:47 PM
D0TC0M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi, What would be involved in installing dual heat?

I just bought a 05 Grand Caravan. Me and the wife always fight for the heat, I like it colder and she likes it hot. The van has dual air and heat but doesn't have the driver/passenger sliders in the dash to set what side should get most of the heat. Is it possible to install this option and what would be involved? I'm thinking, I'd need the sliders as well as an actuator. Not really sure. Anyone here know what it would take to upgrade my air/heating system?

Old 04-20-2007, 03:10 AM
Dodge Tech
Captain
Default RE: Hi, What would be involved in installing dual heat?

cheaper to get a new van U dont have dual air if u did u would have the sliders and driver and pass air control.
Inorder for that to work u would need the dual air box with motors,harness,upgraded bcm and the upgraded head uint.
dash has to come out to install the box need i say more?

Old 04-20-2007, 04:04 AM
D0TC0M

Hi Dodge Tech, thanks for your reply, I was curious because, It says in the GC mopar service manual that
A manually controlled single zone type heating-air conditioning system, manually controlled dual zone type heating-air conditioning system, manually controlled three zone type heating-air conditioning system or an automatic controlled three zone type heating-air conditioning system is available on this model.

All vehicles are equipped with a common heater, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) housing

The system combines air conditioning, heating, and ventilating capabilities in a single unit housing mounted within the passenger compartment under the instrument panel. The HVAC housing includes:
- Blower motor
- Blower motor resistor block or power module (depending on application)
- Heater core
- Evaporator coil
- Blend door and actuator
- Mode door and actuator
- Recirculation door and actuator
I was kinda just putting a feeler out there to see how big a job this would be but from the quote in the service manual it seems that alot of the parts are common to all models, especially that the HVAC housing seems like it might accept the 2nd blend actuator directly. I got a really good deal on this van so I don't mind spending a few bucks if I can get this done. I know its quite involve but I wanted to size up the job before deciding if to go through with the project.but I would be willing to spend up to $400 to do this mod.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:54 AM
Dodge Tech
Captain

alot more then 400. Parts alone u would be looking 500 easy. Yeah most parts are already there like the evap coil and heater and stuff. For a second blend door u need the space for that door,the motor the wiring and the case it self.

housing 180.00.Control head 136.00 Tube 40.00 wiring 80.00 thats all the parts i see thus far there might be some more.
Parts alone 450 now labor for me to do something like this on the side I would charge 600. The whole dash and hvac housing has to come out and taken apart and this new stuff installed and fitted.

Quick Reply: Hi, What would be involved in installing dual heat?