Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

any1 have the same noise???

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 02:02 PM
vanmom2k7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any1 have the same noise???

anther quick question, btw love the site! is vry helpful.....ok when i start my van when the motor is cold it makes a kinda tickng noise for about a minuite then it stops and goes away everything seems to running fine i did replace the serpintin belt a month ago... any sugestions would b of great help thnks.

Old 05-08-2007, 04:54 PM
next2pool
Professional
Default RE: any1 have the same noise???

"ok when i start my van when the motor is cold it makes a kinda tickng noise for about a minuite then it stops and goes away everything seems to running fine"

My first reaction would be a sticky valve lifter, but noises are tough to diagnose over the net. Have you tried to pinpoint the noise before it goes away. A stethescope works great. If it is a lifter, there are plenty of oil additives around that could help.

Old 05-09-2007, 12:50 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

Well you both some what right. The lifter bleed down when sit for a long time like overnite. this normal, unless want to replace all the lifters. My Mits truck and dodge avenger does the same noise.

Old 05-09-2007, 02:12 AM
greaseangel
Professional

My 97 3.0 does the same thing. Not really a big deal, according to every mechanic I've pestered about it lol.

Quick Reply: any1 have the same noise???