Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

tranny

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 02:43 AM
thunderbyrd01
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranny

2000 GC 125k miles, just today when I started it , there was a sound like a belt "chirping" or intermitantly squeeling, and in rythm with the RPM's, the belt is on the left side but this noise was coming from the right side, after driving for about 4 or 5 miles I went to stop and a redlight, as I was just about to stop, the van started jumping ( just like it was running out of gas) and it stalled, I started it and as I began to give it gas it starting jumping again ( kinda surging and jumping very rough), It did this at the next light a mile down the road and just as I began to pull it off the road, it like slipped into nuetral (?) , as I got it into a parking lot it shifted back into drive and started jumping again (was at slow speed and low rpm's). Then it shut down and wont move, it will start up and rev no problem but as soon as you put it into drive or reverse it immediately dies. I had a pontiac transport a couple of years ago and it did the same thing only it didnt slip into nuetral like the GC did ,and it ended up being a TC switch or silinoid, (T-converter ) , does the GC have one ? Where ? and would it cause it to slip into nuetral ? Does this sound familiar to anyone ? Thanks guys

Old 05-26-2007, 02:47 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts
Default RE: tranny

The torque converter maybe locking up or you could have some internal damage.

Quick Reply: tranny