Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Need New PCM?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 10:45 PM
ngins
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need New PCM?

I have a 2003 Dodge Caravan SE (3.3L v6) with a little under 50,000 miles on it. Last night I was driving it and it was fine. After parking the car, the car wouldn't start again. Had it towed to the shop, and this morning the shop tells me that the PCM has gone out on the car, and they need to replace the PCM. $1,000.

They said they were able to start the car after trying it for 5 minutes with the key; but then it died when they went around the block. They said there's no power coming out of the PCM, and they checked everything else (starter, fuel line, etc.).

My question is: is there anything else that might be causing the PCM to act this way? It just seems strange that the car only has 50,000 miles on it, and the PCM just "died." Does anyone have any ideas about what might be going on besides just that "the PCM is dead"?

Thanks for any assistance!

Neil

Old 05-27-2007, 04:02 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts
Default RE: Need New PCM?

Your PCM may still be cover under your emmission warranty. Beside if you had the shop put PCM you need to tow the van to the dealer to have it program, thats because a new PCM is blank. no program is stored in it.

Old 05-28-2007, 12:35 AM
Dodge Tech
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need New PCM?

yep your lucky day the pcm is 8 year 80k take it to the dealer and if the pcm is bad u will get a new one if not then the shop u took it to is just hacking away.