Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Flashing Wiper, AC and Recycled air buttons

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 08:22 PM
pmarr617
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flashing Wiper, AC and Recycled air buttons

I have a 98 ES Grand Caravan. I recently drained the battery down very low, and after recharging it, four of the buttons beneath the climate control slider and ***** now flash continously when I start the vehicle.

The Wiper, Intermittant Wiper, Recycled Air and A/C buttons flash, they work fine, and after 20 - 30 minutes they stop flashing. When I stop and restart the engine, the flashing returns again for 20 minutes or so.

Any ideas? When the battery was nearly dead, I could hear a relay in the front left dash clicking rapidly. Once the battery was charged, the clicking stopped. Don't know if that's related.

Thanks,

Pete

Old 06-03-2007, 12:48 PM
alwaysdutch
Rookie
Default RE: Flashing Wiper, AC and Recycled air buttons

I think I had that on my '96 Dodge caravan as well. You might want to take the batterie cables off for about 30 seconds and after you put them back on, see if it still does it.

Old 06-03-2007, 02:35 PM
Dodge Tech
Captain
Default RE: Flashing Wiper, AC and Recycled air buttons

do this

COOLDOWN TEST ENTRY TO INITIATE TESTS: [ul][*]Set Blower motor ON HIGH[*]Set Mode position to Panel[*]Set Temperature to Cold (Both slide pots if equipped)[*]Depress WASH and A/C simultaneously for 5 Seconds NOTE: If the evaporator is already cold, operate system with A/C OFF and the blower motor ON high for three minutes prior to starting test. [/ul] RESULTS: [ul][*]All LED's will turn on for 5 Seconds (Until all LED's light)[*]Cooldown Test is running when A/C and RECIRC. are alternately flashing. If A/C and RECIRC. are flashing simultaneously, Cooldown has failed. Make sure that the Blower motor is ON high, and temperature is ON full Cold, abort test and repeat Calibration Diagnostic and Cooldown test again.[*]Calibration Test is running when REAR WIPER and INTERMITTENT LED's are alternately flashing.[*]After all tests have passed, Cooldown test can be run separately.[*]Acceptable results is REAR WIPER LED is the only LED flashing. Push Rear Wiper to exit. [/ul]

Quick Reply: Flashing Wiper, AC and Recycled air buttons