Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

'04 Caravan - Sliding Door Power Lock Faulty

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 10:13 PM
dorough
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '04 Caravan - Sliding Door Power Lock Faulty

I'm having the same issue as posted here... https://dodgeforum.com/m_216642/tm.htmwhich was never fully resolved.

Basically, the driver side sliding door power lock doesn't work. Every now-n-then it'll jump like it wants to work, but usually doesn't. So I resort to manual operation.

Any ideas?

Old 06-13-2007, 01:52 AM
eviltwin67
Default RE: '04 Caravan - Sliding Door Power Lock Faulty

I have a 2003 with the same exact problem. I took the door panel off to make sure that the automatic lock mechanism was actually connected and working. It was getting the power pulses for both lock and unlock as verified with an meter and feeling the "clicks" on the mechanism but it seems that it just isn't "strong enough" to move the lock up and down. I tried to lubricate it with WD40 and engage the lock manually to see if it would help "lube" it and loosen it but that didn't help either. Please let me know if anyone has found a solution to this.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:15 AM
TJeepman
Professional

I am experiencing this identical problem. Haven't taken the panel off yet but sense the problem happen because kids were messing with the lock. I suspect the vertical lever was pushed down when the electronics were trying to push it up. Something had to give and all worked well prior to that incident. I sprayed lubricant down in the area and that made it worse. It would work at times before, but not now. Anybody have any pictures of what the setup looks like? There definitely is power to the locks.

Last edited by TJeepman; 03-21-2012 at 09:17 AM.

Quick Reply: '04 Caravan - Sliding Door Power Lock Faulty