Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2005 Dodge Caravan Issues & Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 08:27 AM
SuprDadOf3
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Dodge Caravan Issues & Questions

Okay... First post here and let me just say how grateful I am that I found this forum!

Issue #1
Drivers Side Power Window. Stopped working (Passenger side did it a while back and started working again). The window is in the up position so its not terrible except for a drive through. It did work one time after it stopped but then it stopped again. Not sure if it a loose fuse or what.

Issue #2
Engine Light
Stays on, it's not blinking but its on. I took it to the dealership once but as fate would have it, it went off on the way there and a hundred bucks later it tested fine. A week or so later it came back on and has been on ever since.

Question....
How do I find out exactly how much my van can tow without adding a transmission cooler? Its a 2005 Caravan SXT....

I have no problem making any repairs on my own, I'm pretty mechanically inclined. I know Im loaded with questions and I really appreciate any and all help.

Many Thanks!
Stan

Old 08-21-2007, 09:58 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts
Default RE: 2005 Dodge Caravan Issues & Questions

1st of all welcome to the forum. Dodge has a common problem with window regulators and motors. If you remove the door panel and tap on the motor it should start working. If it does then replace the regulator and motor. And the ck engine lite, you should have had a stored code. And transmission coolers are always a good ideal and you don't need to be towing.

Old 08-22-2007, 12:31 AM
dishdude2k
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2005 Dodge Caravan Issues & Questions

yes.. there should be stored codes for c/e light... take it to the local parts store.. they can do a basic scan.. give you the codes... and in some cases tell you what the code means... and the window regulators.. ahhh yes.. well.. my driver side works.. most of the time... and my passenger side.. well.. lets just say people look at me funny when my wife opens the door and slams it as hard as she can while we are cruising 75mph down the interstate.. and the looks and comments i get when i just start randomly beating the hell out of the door... someone once told me i had an anger management problem.. i dont know what they are talking about.. i have no problems with my anger.. other people might.. but im just fine with it

Quick Reply: 2005 Dodge Caravan Issues & Questions