Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

brakes -hard pedal

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 02:15 PM
bnt2004
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brakes -hard pedal

i was driving my 91 caravan around town --went to stop and the abs light and the brake light came on==after this my brake pedal got real hard i had to use 2 feet to stop..any ideas what it could be..bob

Old 02-16-2008, 04:52 PM
03SxtMama
Default RE: brakes -hard pedal

Hubby is having same problem with his 92, he swapped the master cylinder and it is still the same. Have you had this problem taken care of and if so what did you have to do?

Thanks

Old 02-16-2008, 08:54 PM
dishdude2k
Captain

brakebooster is either shot.. or lost vaccuum.. check the big vaccuum hose coming off of brake booster (the master cylinder is attached to the brake booster.. looks like a canister type deal) make sure they arent broke or disconnected.. if they are ok.. unplug it.. start the engine.. if you put your finger on the hose and it sucks on your finger.. the vaccuum is good.. if not.. you need to find out why the vaccuum isnt working.. if vaccuum is present .. replace brake booster

Old 02-19-2008, 11:54 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

1991 thru 1993 has the bendex 10 ABS, There is a 685 recall for the bendex abs system. And this is a lifetime recall. The reason the pedal is hard is because the ABS pump stop pumping. The recall only covers the ABS pump and the master assy. If there is any problems with the dual fuction switch or actualator ball are not covered.

Quick Reply: brakes -hard pedal