Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

99 Caravan heater/ac problem???

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 05:38 PM
mtj4life
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Caravan heater/ac problem???

I just bought a 1999 Dodge Caravan this past summer. It looked great and ran great. It has an a/c that works great. And when I lived in Houston this past summer it came in really handy. But I just moved up north and it's getting colder up here in Pennsylvania. I noticed when I tried to turn the heater on, it only blew cold air. I called the guy back in Texas and asked if there was a problem with the heater and he said that there's a switch somewhere under the dash to manually switch it from a/c to heater. Now I'm no mechanic in any way. But I've never heard of a switch to manually control the heater and a/c. I did try looking under the dash, but I can't seem to find anything like a switch down there.

Can anyone help me out? Is there some sort of switch where I can switch it over to the van's heater? I'd appreciate any help. It's getting pretty cold up here, and this is the only vehicle my wife, kids and I own. So we really need some heat. Thanks again in advance...

Old 10-31-2007, 02:06 AM
vlmuke
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 99 Caravan heater/ac problem???

I have never heard of such a switch but nothing would suprise me anymore I have see people put a heater core bypass in but just because I have never seen such a beast doesn't mean one doesn't excist But what I would do is check your coolant level first and see if its OK another thing I have seen escpecially down south is people like to remove the thermostat or its possible that it is stuck open and if you don't drive it long enough it won't blow warm air until all the coolant has warmed up one other suggestion would look at the factory manual at your local library most larger libraries carry factory manuals they are the best as the are very detailed written for the dealers service techs

Quick Reply: 99 Caravan heater/ac problem???