Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

condensation/dripping

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 11:05 PM
trophyslayer
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default condensation/dripping

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan sxt v6 3.8l

so today I was changing my oil and noticed some dripping from behind the front passenger tire, so I climbed back to take a look, and could see water running down the metal tube and an there is a some slight rust(feels rough when you touch it) should I be concerned? it was fairly humid here today, is there anything I should do?

the bottom is to wards the passenger side of the van and the tubes run up into the engine compartment
100_8562.jpg?t=1270781867

bottom is passenger side
100_8563.jpg?t=1270781973

you can see other water drops higher up, this picture is of the tubes when running up into the engine bay
100_8564.jpg?t=1270782047

same
100_8567.jpg?t=1270782160

approx. location from top
100_8571.jpg?t=1270782232

same
100_8572.jpg?t=1270782274

Thanks for any thought

Old 04-08-2010, 11:13 PM
triniguy26
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats condensation fron the airconditioning.not sure how the system is run on the caravan.if the line is cold and wet,then its the low pressure suction line. if it air temperature and wet .then its the below the condensate drip hose from the evaporator(the coil that cools the air,usually behing the glove compartment)

Old 04-09-2010, 11:12 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

There is a drain tube coming out of the bulk head/ same as firewall. That will also drip condensation down the a/c lines as well.

Old 04-10-2010, 07:13 AM
trophyslayer
Veteran

thanks for your reply's, just checking to see if this is the normal place for the water to drip down,
I had never noticed the dripping before when chaning the oil, so I thought I would ask

Old 05-27-2015, 08:38 PM
BudGood
Default 2002 Dodge Neon A/C Drip Hose Drips All The Time

I'm new to the forum, so I hope this gets correctly posted. I have a 2002 Dodge Neon 2.0 automatic and my A/C condensate drip hose drips nearly all the time 'outside' the vehicle even when I am not running the air conditioner. Funny thing is that it has 'always' done that with my 2001 Dodge Dakota 3.9 since I bought it in 2003 with only 33,000 miles on it. But, our Neon never done that (not that I noticed... and I keep a close eye on them) until recently when we had to replace the radiator due to A/C cooler tube failure. I once took the truck to the Dodge dealership to ask the reasons for the constant dripping (even in winter) and the guy told me that it is "normal" for these particular vehicles to do that "due to the way they were built". Cheaper manufacturer engineering would be my guess if that were indeed the case. However, I told the guy just as I'm saying here that I have 'never, ever' seen a normal car or truck do that, especially in the winter. I would expect to see the hose dripping only when the A/C is used... and only during the other three seasons.

Am I correct in this assumption and has the guy at the Dodge dealership given me misleading information? In any event, what causes this condition and how can I correct it on either or both vehicles if it is even possible?

Any insight or help at all would be appreciated. Thank you.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:14 AM
kuyabribri
Professional

This is the Caravan section of the forum. You might want to repost this in the Neon section just in case the people that regularly contribute there know of some chronic issue across that model.

That being said your issue does not sound normal, but the only thing I could suggest would be to check that the compressor clutch is not spinning when the A/C is switched off and front defroster is not selected.

Old 06-01-2015, 08:02 PM
BudGood

Originally Posted by kuyabribri
This is the Caravan section of the forum. You might want to repost this in the Neon section just in case the people that regularly contribute there know of some chronic issue across that model.

That being said your issue does not sound normal, but the only thing I could suggest would be to check that the compressor clutch is not spinning when the A/C is switched off and front defroster is not selected.

Thank you and sorry for the interruption.