Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

dodge caravan ignition control recall

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 06:54 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Like Tizzy had said before, I don't like the way key turns. But that maybe just me.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:36 AM
sehunt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had the Recall done on my Dodge Van. The original collar sticks out about 3/16 of an inch from being seated. Also the key does not return to the on position after starting the vehicle. I had them take it back off. Its a cheap piece of plastic Not sure if I will go back and have it re-done or not.

Old 11-24-2014, 12:22 PM
vaneycke

We received the recall notice for this issue as well. When we contacted the dealership, they told us that there is no longer a "fix" for the issue. I guess Dodge's new recall plan is to hope that when it happens again (it's happened several times in the last few months...usually on the interstate), my wife & kids aren't killed by a semi truck.

Old 11-25-2014, 08:46 PM
WiRik
Amateur

I find that strange that the dealer claims there is no "fix" for the recall.

I'd contact another dealership or maybe a call directly to Dodge?

In regards to the "key" used in these vans, we had experienced some intermittent issues with the radio, turn signals not working, wipers, power windows not functioning-luckily the vehicle was still driveable-no engine stalling, but it was the radio "going out" that alerted us to an issue.

Of course we could not duplicate it and to take it in to the shop to diagnose would have just been futile in having them try to duplicate the power loss and run up large labor bills.

What I believe is the cause of our issue was that as the plastic key, or fobik as Dodge calls it, starts to wear-from being inserted and removed, causes some play or movement of the fobik in the ignition switch, losing contact.

Reason I say that is when it acted up I would wiggle the fobik and the issue went away. Funny that I couldn't wiggle the fobik to cause it to fail though.

Started using the 2nd fobik and the problem has not happened since-for how long we'll see.

Quick Reply: dodge caravan ignition control recall