Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Looking to install a roofrack!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 12:22 AM
VBFamily
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to install a roofrack!!!

I am new, this is my first post! I have a 1998 Dodge Caravan, base model 4 cylinder. Love it, but it doesn't have a roof rack. We are traveling with 3 adults and a 9 year old, and two large German Shepherds from the east coast of Virginia to the Chicago area. We have tried to come up with a million different ways of traveling with everything ( including two folddown crates, 48" and 42" long), and seeing as the hitch is only a little over an inch, the behind the van baskets won't fit outright, so looking to check out junkyards for a roof rack. Does anyone know if I can use a rack off any vehicle, must it be a Dodge? Also, any tips for installing it, not sure how they will come off/go on, if they are screwed in, how to keep them tight and secure, and water tight! I know I sound like a dunce, but this is a last option besides renting a large vehicle, but that is around a thousand dollars or more, plus is may not have a roof rack, and we just don't have the money for that!

Old 08-06-2011, 01:26 AM
vpnavy
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome aboard VBFamily! Until someone pipes in - I searched the net and found 1998 Dodge Caravan Roof Racks.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:03 AM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You'd have to take one off the same style of van you have and then get the rivot nuts to install into your roof.

Quick Reply: Looking to install a roofrack!!!