Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

1998 Caravan Speedometer not working.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 10:19 PM
crystalmalice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 1998 Caravan Speedometer not working.

I looked through the forum and found some posts that might help. But, my situation isn't exactly the same. Today I went to the store, and when I got home, I guess I didn't close the hatch all the way and my interior lights where on all day. I went to start it this evening and it wouldn't do anything. A neighbor helped me just start it. No problem. I went to the store this evening and when I turned the van off, it wouldn't start. Nothing at all happened. I opened the hood and found that the positive cable had been taken off the battery. Well, no wonder it wouldn't start. I put it back on and tried to start it, but because it hadn't been charging, it wouldn't start. My mom came and gave me another jump. Everything was fine until I noticed that my speedometer wasn't working. So I'm wondering what the problem could be. I haven't had any issues with this thus far. If anyone has any ideas as to why the speedometer isn't working now, I would love to hear them. Thanks so much for your time.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:45 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
Does the transmission shift thru all the gears? Because if the transmission is shifting thru the gears, i can run out the the output speed sensor. And that leave the cluster. Have you had the charging system checked? Also were about are you in california?

Quick Reply: 1998 Caravan Speedometer not working.