Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Dome Lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 09:59 PM
YouCantKeepAGoodVanDown
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dome Lights

Can anyone tell me if the dome lights on my 2012 GC SXT are run from the BCM? I swapped all my map and done lights to LED and now they won't operate correctly, only with the ignition on. I'm trying to decide whether to hardwire the lights or just put the nasty yellow bulbs back in

Old 04-23-2014, 03:25 PM
1wraith
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2012 and swapped mine out for LED. Mine work fine with the ignition off. Fuse maybe? I'm guessing as I don't know why it wouldn't work.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:11 AM
YouCantKeepAGoodVanDown
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I contacted the place where I got them and they said there's a small amount of current in the dome light circuit that doesn't get picked up with regular lights and because LEDs are so efficient they pick up on that and cause them to glow a bit.

Anyway he told me to put a 1k resistor across the led bulb to bleed off the current and sure enough it solved the problem.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:11 PM
nyivz
Default question

How were you able to remove the lens cover from the map light?

Old 08-21-2014, 04:43 PM
1wraith
Amateur

If I correctly recall, the whole console comes down and the cover isn't removed. I believe there is another thread regarding this.

Old 08-27-2014, 06:53 AM
nyivz

so I think I'm having the same issue you're having accept my my life I have in the glue but when it comes to having the courtesy light they won't turn on were you able to fix this at all did the resistor help.

Old 09-09-2014, 03:23 PM
1wraith
Amateur

Originally Posted by nyivz
so I think I'm having the same issue you're having accept my my life I have in the glue but when it comes to having the courtesy light they won't turn on were you able to fix this at all did the resistor help.
Someone else used a resistor to get theirs to work. I didn't need one for mine. Not sure if it's because my van is an SE model or because of the type of LED lights used.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Dome Lights