Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Help - can't get back spark plug boots off!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 03:40 PM
tracyballard
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help - can't get back spark plug boots off!

I was trying to change the spark plugs on my 2007 Grand Caravan SXT with 3.8 engine, and I've got a small problem - I can't get the last 2 boots off in back (closest to passenger side). The other boots were not that easy to get off, but after I worked with them a while they came off pretty easily when I pulled on them just right. I got all the fronts, and the one in back closest to the driver side, but those other two will not come off! What shall I do?? thanks in advance!

PS - I'm not going to do this from underneath or take off any parts, so I just need advice on pulling these boots, getting access to them is pretty easy on this engine. Anyone used a boot puller on these?

Old 03-27-2015, 03:46 PM
tjnc
Professional

You don't want to take anything off? Good luck with that..

Old 03-27-2015, 04:31 PM
tracyballard
Amateur

Originally Posted by tjnc
You don't want to take anything off? Good luck with that..
well, I actually do want to take something off - the boots. there is no problem with reaching in and easily getting access to the back plugs on this particular engine - the air box is off to the side.

Old 03-27-2015, 06:45 PM
IndyMike

Originally Posted by tracyballard
well, I actually do want to take something off - the boots. there is no problem with reaching in and easily getting access to the back plugs on this particular engine - the air box is off to the side.
I used something similar to the following on my '97 Caravan and '03 Silhouette. Nice long handles!. Doing the job on the Silhouette was totally by feel. Even with the engine mount disconnected and the engine rolled forward, could not see the back plugs.

http://www.harborfreight.com/3-piece...ers-37909.html

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: Help - can't get back spark plug boots off!