Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Mystery!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 03:07 PM
DaSmokeEater
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Mystery!

My wife's minivan had a dead battery after work Friday. She jump started it and came home (no previous problems, nothing left on, battery 3 years old).

It worked great yesterday and then this morning battery was dead again. As soon as we hook it up to a jump starter it fires up on the first crank (immediately) and runs fine.

I had an electrical check done Saturday morning. The starter, alternator, and battery all read in good working condition. There are no maintenance lights or codes being generated.

Can anybody advise me on potential issues that are being overlooked? What am I missing?

Old 09-25-2016, 03:19 PM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker
Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts

Check for parasitic draw with ignition off. I use my Fluke DMM for these issues, so you'll want to borrow or buy a DMM that can read amps down low. Hook up your DMM between the battery post and the battery cable, check amp draw. Start pulling the fuses, one at a time - when the amps drop, that is the circuit. When you find the circuit, report back.

Watch this video for instructions:

Last edited by fj5gtx; 09-25-2016 at 03:29 PM. Reason: add link for instructions

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Mystery!