Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

05 Caravan...Brake question

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 12:35 PM
darkblueta
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Caravan...Brake question

How difficult is it to do brakes on a new Caravan? A fellow co-worker asked me if I could look at her brakes and if they need changed to do so. I have done brakes on my 98 Trans Am, 01 Z28 , 91 Mustang GT and my wifes 02 Dodge Stratus.

I know sometimes manufactures (ie...usually the foreign jobbies) do something stupid that you need a special tool. If the brakes are straight forward, as in take off the lugs/tire, unbolt the caliper and bracket(if there is one holding the pads in like my Fbodies or if its jsut the caliper itself like on my wife 02 or my old 91 GT) and take the pads/caliper off and pull the disc off...I have no issue but I just wanted to make sure that there was nothing stupid involved beyond that.

Any help would be welcome and Thank You in advance!

Old 09-08-2006, 07:12 PM
chopper
Veteran
Default RE: 05 Caravan...Brake question

Brakes are usually a pretty much straightforward job.Unless your co-worker is unusually hard on brakes they should still be in good shape.So I would start by pulling a wheel and looking at the pads.
Metric tools are a must have.

Old 09-10-2006, 10:50 PM
grandview
Default RE: 05 Caravan...Brake question

Just did them on the 05. Tire off, 2 screws on calipers, push in pistons new pads put back on. Done.

Quick Reply: 05 Caravan...Brake question