Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

strut towers

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 06:43 PM
dogz46
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default strut towers

hi gang im new here and hoping for some help or advice. i recently got a 96 caravan 3.0 for a buck theres to main things wrong with it the strut towers under the hood are rusted out badly and it needs crank seals both ends it has 300,000 Ks on it but everything else seems good runs quite, would i be able to do the seals with the engine in by dropping the mounts as i go and could the strut towers be repaired or replaced? would it be worth it ? after all i did get for a buck. thanks in advance.

Old 11-06-2006, 07:57 PM
89Daytona
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: strut towers

ORIGINAL: dogz46

the strut towers under the hood are rusted out badly ..... and could the strut towers be repaired or replaced? would it be worth it ?
It really depends on what this vehicle is worth to you and if you can weld (or know anybody that can). I welded plates on the strut towers of a 96 that was rusting out. The best way to go is to get ahold of the replacement panels if you can (and remove the whole panel), but if you can't make sure to cut out all the rusty metal before putting in new patch panels.
http://www.makeitmopar.com/ lists the strut towers under body repair/fender/structural components and rail/strut tower you would have to call them to see if they can actually get them though.

Quick Reply: strut towers