Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2011 Charger RT gear shift light bulb?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 02:25 PM
pete315
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Charger RT gear shift light bulb?

Question- got a 2011 Charger with center console shift. Does the PRND light up to indicate which gear you are in? When I turn on the lights, I do get the blue light which illuminates the entire strip but if you're in drive, the "D"does not light up. My wife drives this car and she thought the letters light up whichever gear you're in. I took shift cover plate off and only see one wire harness/ bulb for when headlights are turned on but I see no wire or bulb for the PRND.

Old 10-15-2014, 08:53 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pete315
Question- got a 2011 Charger with center console shift. Does the PRND light up to indicate which gear you are in? When I turn on the lights, I do get the blue light which illuminates the entire strip but if you're in drive, the "D"does not light up. My wife drives this car and she thought the letters light up whichever gear you're in. I took shift cover plate off and only see one wire harness/ bulb for when headlights are turned on but I see no wire or bulb for the PRND.
pete315,

The shift lever indicator is within the instrument cluster, between the speedometer and tachometer. The selected gear will be illuminated.

Quick Reply: 2011 Charger RT gear shift light bulb?