Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

08 3.5l Charger - ETC + Traction Control Stalling

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 01:49 PM
Jonathan Allen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So another update.

After further inspection, the little blue EGR gasket we put on the valve? Yeah... it's gone. The engine must have sucked it up. Hopefully it'll spit it out.

What we had done was put the intake on THEN tried to put the valve arm in the manifold, so we're going to try and do it the opposite way now. Put the valve arm + gasket into the manifold then put the manifold on and then bolt the egr gasket in.

Would explain why the ETC light comes on. Vacuum leak lol.

Also just a question for TNtech, if I were to replace the PCM... how would I go about doing that? I've been told not to buy them online but where do I go then to get one?

Old 05-23-2016, 08:04 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Yep, the blue seal being out would cause your problem. I think you got it. There's no easy way to tell you how to do it. It takes finesse. I would just have to make a video or something.

You have to install the upper intake while at the same time line up the EGR tube and stuff it in while you're lowering it into place. Vaseline all over the new one will help. Get 2 or 3 of them haha. I can do them in 10 minutes, but I've had 10 years of practice.

Last edited by TNtech; 05-23-2016 at 08:08 PM.

Quick Reply: 08 3.5l Charger - ETC + Traction Control Stalling