Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

06 rt missfire cylinder #1

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 05:53 PM
cpz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 rt missfire cylinder #1

have a 06 charger RT 5.7. Last weekend i was driving about to take a trip and my engine started making a loud tapping noise so i cancelled th trip and went home. the noise got worse and it started running poor, my first thought was lifters or valves. the motor had been rebuilt before i got it. i hadnt changed the oil since i got it and so i took it to the shop to change it hoping that it may help it was a long shot but figured better than nothing. when i started it up to take it in i didnt hear the noise anymore but it was still running rough and had a engine light, so i plugged the computer in when i got there and got p0301 missfire cylinder #1 changed the spark plugs new coil same code. swapped the injector w/cylinder #3 but still missfire on #1 so i figure with the noise i heard and the missfire it could be lifters so i pulled the valve cover off and watched the rocker arms as my buddy turned the engine over, the push rods, springs and everything moved fine as far as i could see so i have no idea what to do. any one have any ideas? im thinking about pulling the head to look at the lifters just wanted to see if maybe theres something else before i pull this thing apart

Old 12-11-2016, 09:17 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Jeeze that hurts to read. Ever heard of the caps button?

Old 12-11-2016, 05:36 PM
cpz

I'm kind of in a pickle here, not all that concerned with punctuation

Old 12-11-2016, 05:50 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Good luck then.

Old 03-08-2017, 01:23 AM
faststudy101

highly likely you dropped a valve seat and once it made its way out of the engine the noises went away. Very common in these Hemi engines, so common its actually obscene. The misfire is because the intake valve is not sealing.

When you changed the plugs was there any damage? Like, did you notice a plug that had the gap collapsed?