Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

Sale market for 84 Daytona

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2020, 11:44 AM
ehohman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sale market for 84 Daytona

Hi all,

I have two 1984 Daytonas, one silver Turbo and one black Turbo Z. I'm thinking about letting them go but don't know what the market looks like these days. I assume the cars aren't going to be worth much, but is anyone even interested in buying? The silver one was my first car and I'd hate to see it go to a crusher. Both cars start and run but need mechanical work, new paint, etc. The Turbo Z has a rust-free body but shot interior. The Turbo's body is shot but has a good interior. Between the two, plus sheet metal and a bunch of extra parts from a third car and my part stock pile built up over the years, I believe all or most of the parts are there to make one really nice solid car. I wouldn't even think about letting them go but they are in one state and I'm in another, plus I don't have the room to do the work needed.

So, anyone still interested in these cars and willing to do the work to save one (or two)? What's the market like these days?

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-01-2020, 12:28 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,179 Likes on 2,932 Posts

Are they stored somewhere safe? Don't have to worry about them getting hauled away? Not paying for storage? If that's the case, how long do you think it will be before you are back closer to them, or, have the space to store and work on them where you are at?? It sounds like a really cool project..... But, if you don't have any interest in doing it..... then advertising them in various places would be the best plan. Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, various and sundry classic car sites, etc.

As for what they are worth? No clue. A LOT depends on where you are, how common they are, and if you can find anyone interested in the project......

Old 11-02-2020, 07:17 PM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

You may want to post them on this forum other uses may be interested. I don't think there are to many people looking for the early ones, T tops didn't come along till 86 and the T2 was 87.

Old 11-03-2020, 03:11 PM
ehohman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the Turbo Dodge forum suggestion. I had forgotten about that forum.

The cars aren't really in the way, they are under covers and on blocks but still outside. It's unlikely but not impossible that I'll get back to the project someday but trying to be realistic about it and recognize that the longer I wait the harder the project becomes!

Personally I think the 84's are fascinating but I know I'm in the minority. I like quirky all-stock vehicles and the 84's definitely have some quirks as the first model year. I don't think many of either model still exist, as most people like the T2s and newer. Twenty years ago when I first restored the Turbo the 84s were very hard to find even in junk yards. I imagine today they're even rarer.

Last edited by ehohman; 11-03-2020 at 03:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Sale market for 84 Daytona