Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

uConnect US Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 05:03 PM
drewdenman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default uConnect US Navigation

Well, I am in the US Military and have a 2010 Dodge Journey SXT. I will be heading to Germany next week (April 1st) and my car is already crossing the Atlantic and I'm hoping to have it soon. I have looked everywhere, including calling my dealership and asked if my navigation will work in Europe, or will I need some kind of software DVD update. I was told by my dealership it should work because it is based of GPS. If that is the case, I should be able to zoom out, head over to Europe, zoom in and see that it does work. Problem with that is it stops over the Atlantic/Pacific, as in its North America only on the map. Will that change when I pick up my car in Germany? Will it connect to the GPS over there or will I need an update DVD, or will it even work?

Any help is a bunch of help to me. Also, this may be an ignorant question, but I haven't been to Germany since 2004-2005 and I wasn't looking then, but are there Dodge dealerships in Germany? If I have a problem, which I think I do with my middle row moving forward so I can access the 3rd row, but the day I found out I had to put the car in the container to ship

PS: Also, is there something I will have to do to allow my radio to tune to EU freq's (the even numbers 89.4, 89.8, etc)?

PSS: Don't know if this helps with more information about my Journey, but i have the Media Center 830N (REU)

Last edited by drewdenman; 03-25-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:00 AM
Capo WO3

drewdenman,
I also am heading to Germany with my 09' Dodge Journey did you find anything about loading the maps in Germany

Old 09-19-2010, 10:05 AM
drewdenman

Hey, lucky I subscribed to this thread and got an email on it. There's nothing you can do, without paying an arm and a leg for it. I looked into every possible thing and the way Dodge makes there navigations, at least the type that is found in the Journey, the actual head unit is only good for that region. There are several regions with different head units, North America, Asia, Europe and I think South America/Carribean.

So, you have three options.
1) You can order a head unit for the European Navigation (costs roughly $3,000 so thats out of the question, right?)
2) Go to a PX (I'm assuming your military and a WO3?, if not go to a local electronics store and buy a cheap Garmin or Navigon, they are around $250 with all Europe maps.
3) Deal with not having a Navigation for your time in Germany

I choose option 3.

PS: I forgot, there is another alternative but it costs a lot as well. Depending on how long you will be in Europe, there is a company in Sweden that can convert your US head unit to Europe specifications. It costs something like $649.95 and that includes shipping. Only thing is, there is no way to reconvert back to US specs (I have spoke with them over the phone) so you would have to order a US head unit upon return to the US (again, around $3,000)

**NOTE** When I say head unit, I am refering to the actual part you change everything on/input CD/DVD's, not the screen on top of the dash.

Hope this helps, any questions, it's easier to reach me at drewdenman[AT]gmail[DOT]com, as I am in Afghanistan right now and my internet is slow, it's easier for me to check my gmail account than these forums.

Quick Reply: uConnect US Navigation