Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Dash Lights are brightening when I use the turn signal

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 10:29 AM
Abbycarb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash Lights are brightening when I use the turn signal

I own a 2009 Dodge Journey. Recently if my head lights are on and I am using my turn signal, my Dash lights will brighten. They return to normal once I have turned the signal light off. Any suggestions as to what the issue may be?

Old 12-01-2014, 12:52 PM
bigtsr
Captain

It could be a poor ground path for either the instrument
cluster or the turn signals , I would you should visit a good
automotive electrician or a dealer you feel confident in.
Have you had the wiring recall done on your 2009 as per Chrysler?

Old 12-08-2014, 10:14 AM
Abbycarb
Angry possessed dodge journey

To go along with the dimming dash lights, yesterday while driving over a rough, icy road, the electric trottle light came on and the car felt like it lost some power. I stopped and read the manual which instructed to put the car in park and restart it and if the light did not remain on, it was OK to drive. I did this and the light went out. I drove home then later went out again and the car lost a bit of power and the battery light came on......WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?

Old 12-09-2014, 08:28 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Abbycarb
To go along with the dimming dash lights, yesterday while driving over a rough, icy road, the electric trottle light came on and the car felt like it lost some power. I stopped and read the manual which instructed to put the car in park and restart it and if the light did not remain on, it was OK to drive. I did this and the light went out. I drove home then later went out again and the car lost a bit of power and the battery light came on......WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?
The battery charging system should be checked. Does the vehicle have the original battery?

Quick Reply: Dash Lights are brightening when I use the turn signal