Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T OBD II Communication

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 10:51 AM
AGENTSNAKE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T OBD II Communication

Hi

I have a 2005 Dodge Magnum R/T and try to fix my problem with OBD 2 communication.
My Programmer fires up I have power on position 16 and position 4 & 5 ground is ok. But my programmer can't read codes out in fact I was able to do it only 1 time after this never again try to wiggle the cable did check connectors. I took the OBD 2 socket of the frame and have it loose so I am sure the wires all good in the socket. Anybody has a lay out for what the rest of those wires are for ?

Old 11-01-2014, 11:38 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,179 Likes on 2,932 Posts

Might check the Magnun forums, and see if they have Service manuals available for download.

Welcome to DF!

Old 11-01-2014, 11:50 AM
AGENTSNAKE

Hi thank you ohh I just did notice I might did post this in the wrong forum maybe you can move it ?
So strange stuff going on yesterday I did also spray several time electronic cleaner in this socket this morning I went back to it moved the car in my garage and I was able to read codes again ..... I did do the reading linke 10 times ignition on out again and again working all the time now .... than I drove the car over bumbps and still works ok I am sure it is not the plug from my code reader I use this tool all the time and has no problems. SO I will wait and try to read during the day several times again I don't know why it is reading fine now strange to me.

Old 11-01-2014, 01:04 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,179 Likes on 2,932 Posts

Phase of the moon was wrong?

Old 11-01-2014, 01:28 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

They make look OK, but they can get spread some. A meter will show them OK, but the pins in the DLC may not make contact.

Old 11-01-2014, 03:03 PM
AGENTSNAKE

Well I will try and check the OBD 2 socket again .... it apears that if I go over a bump the OBD works again but if I try to jiggle the socket and mess with the cables nothing changes so far I did only get a connection again after I drove the car don't need to be much.
maybe take computer out and try to jiggle when I have no connection and see if this will make a difference. Thanks for diagram to bad I am not so good in reading those. Thanks for your guys help so far.

Old 11-01-2014, 06:10 PM
AGENTSNAKE

Hi it is only if I drive the car little around not the socket for sure for now it works again strange I took also the ECM out did ratle it and move cables made no difference as soon I did drive maybe 200 yards over a bump a little it was reading again but I feel some sort of sure its not a cable or something. Maybe ECM curcuit board bad ?

Quick Reply: 2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T OBD II Communication